Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Xolademoness
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:45 pm   

Automapper Room names, when colour changes room name ends :/

How do I configure ZMud's automapper so it includes the whole line of a room name as the room name? At the moment, as soon as the colour of the words in the room name change, it thinks that must be the end of the room name :/

So, at the moment:
Ariandor: Paladin Fields becomes: Ariandor
Dragondale City Wall becomes: Dr
and so on Sad

It also does it with room descriptions, when the colour of a room description changes it cuts off the rest of the room description, not saving it in the map :(
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:57 pm   

Please please please can anyone help :/
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:55 pm   

Come on, someone must know how to fix this??
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:18 pm   

I don't use the automapper and don't really know how much one could configure it.. but if you can make it to ignore color-codes that'd be the solution for you. Perhaps set the entire zmud to ignore them. *shrug*

Someone who knows how the automapper works should help you.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:23 pm   

Ariandor: Paladin Fields

Are all room names set to this "Name: Name" syntax? If so, this should be easily solved with #tag triggers. Especially if all room names look like that, you can even do it with a single multi-state trigger:

#trigger {^(*~: *)} {#tag name}
#condition {(*)} {#tag desc}
#condition {whatever your prompt looks like} {#tag prompt}

For your room description, the * wildcard might not always capture the entire description. This problem only happens with active ZMud special characters, so if you are unwilling to change them to suit your needs you will have to resort to the potentially dangerous %* or perhaps find a solution in regular expressions (assuming they do not have the same problems as %*).
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:56 pm   

MattLofton wrote:
Ariandor: Paladin Fields

Are all room names set to this "Name: Name" syntax? If so, this should be easily solved with #tag triggers.
Nope, as I said at the start ;) eg Dragondale City Wall becomes: Dr (no : there anywhere)

What can I do to make the room names still be detected properly? Surely there must be a simpler way than writing a whole script :/ I don't understand why the mapper is confused by something as simple as a colour change
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:48 am   

As near as I can tell the internal triggers created and used by the mapper during mapping are set to be extremely specific. I guess that they also preform at a very low level and see the raw ansi codes. It is looking for letters and spaces and finds those ansi codes and stops. It is about the only section of the mapper that Zugg did not rewrite since it was originally created. He has added many improvements to it, but nothing will ever be perfect for all muds.

Sometime soon I should have a full map mode override script written. It is designed to work with IMM level knowledge such as vNum and also actively makes use of zMapper for enhanced scripting (automatically setting one-way exits, doors, locked doors, properly connecting adjacent stubs, etc.) It will be posted to the Finished Scripts when done and I am confident that many people will be able to modify it to fit thier own needs.
Xolademoness
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:30 pm   

Ok, sounds good :) seems I should wait until that's done then... hopefully you label what parts in it do what, I'm not too great at scripting >_<
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:12 am   

bump.

anyone else have any ideas? :/
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:17 am   

gah
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:00 am   

:( pls help someone
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:42 pm   

Argh, come on, surely this must be a fixable bug? If not it really should get fixed soonish :(
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:47 pm   

I will look through the bug tracker and see if this has been reported as a bug if not I will add it, Also no this prolly won't get fixed soonish as for a temporary solution
Have you tried mapping by turning off your muds option to send color codes? Most muds have this sort of option.

And I don't see why a mud would want to change the colors like that in the first place I would prolly become epileptic after too long. not to mention the increased bandwith by sending a million color chars per line I mean whats easier to read

This little line right here.

Or this little line right here.
DeathDealer
Adept

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:54 pm   

As a stupid question, have you tried mapping with color mode off in the mud or in zmud?
Dunno if this would fix it, and don't know how it would affect moving on the map once you have colors enabled again on the mud.
I haven't even figured out how to map yet, i just make the room, type in the name, and attach the exits. slow as hell, but works for me so far.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:07 am   

*boggle*
that would be so amazingly slow... Have you tried looking at Nexela's tutorial article on the automapper?

Nexela's Article
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:50 pm   

Assuming the "amazingly slow" comment was to me, yeap i know making the room, naming it and stuff is slow. My mapper already has a configuration file for Aardwolf, and i'll be damned if i can get it to work. *shrug* but at the same time, i get my maps from someone who knows what they are doing and i just import them :-)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: