Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Darkwytch
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:47 am   

Logging

Hi again all.. I was wondering if there was a way to choose which type of format you were able to log with using zmud.. I know that it logs stuff with .txt files.. but... i have found that alot of times.. its a huge big big file and when i go to open it or something it will ask me if i wanna use wordpad cuz not pad doesnt hold that much... so when i do use word pad it will put wierd things infront of it... makeing logging very very difficault to read ... also.. is there a way to make it where when it logs it will put the mud colors in the log say like archiving or something on a site that supports logs for various things for like player killing?
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:16 am   

Take a gander at this!

http://forums.zuggsoft.com/modules/mx_kb/kb.php?page=3&mode=doc&k=35
Full Throttle
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:52 am   

Here is an external script you may be interested in Darkwytch.

Code:
#log log.txt
#log
#mss {Set fso = CreateObject~(~"Scripting.FileSystemObject~"~): If ~(fso.FileExists~(~"log.txt~"~)~) Then: Set objLog = fso.GetFile~(~"log.txt~"~): intLog = objLog.Size: Else: intLog = 0: End If: If ~(intLog > 10000000~) Then: objLog.Copy~(~"medievia.log.%time(yyyymmdd).txt~"~): objLog.Delete: End If} {VBScript}

If the log file is more than 10 megabytes then log.txt is renamed to log.%time(yyyymmdd).txt and if the file is less than 10 megabytes then nothing happens.

You could trigger this script on disconnection or your mud's logoff message.

If VBScript is not an available scripting language on your computer, then you can download Microsoft Windows Script 5.6 here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp

You have to check "Allow VBScript" in preferences/script parser within zMUD.

Last edited by Full Throttle on Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darkwytch
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:43 pm   

How do I use this to log a capture window when I log on then. I mean I *think* that I can do it by the message it gets when it says my log in ip addy... which is unique to the game in its self.. But I dont know what to use for closing log when i log off. Any one have any ideas of suggestions how to log a capture window?

nexela wrote:
Take a gander at this!

http://forums.zuggsoft.com/modules/mx_kb/kb.php?page=3&mode=doc&k=35
KillerKitty
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:23 pm   

Not sure how to log windows.. gave up trying to get that to work that out for some time, I don't think you can - zMUD only logs stuff from the main window I think, you can only have one log open at a time

For logging the main window, make an alias called atconnect and whatever commands are in that alias will be performed whenever you connect to the server. #LOG whatever :) I think it mentions the special aliases in the help file for aliases
Darkwytch
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:13 am   

RATS@!!! =[[.... I dont like logging in the main window because well you gotta run all over every where and you gotta do things and kill mobs or what ever everyone does on thier mud's... Zugg... do you think its possible maybe in the future there is some way we can log from out capture windows? That would be cool...
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:46 am   

Logging in child windows is easy

:windowname:#log mylog.txt

or to do it everytime you open/close in your main mud window

#ALIAS atconnect {:windowname:#LOG mylog.txt}
#ALIAS atdisconnect {:windowname:#LOG}
Darkwytch
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:35 am   

When I do that.. It gives me a syntax error... so i went and put an ! infront of the # .... well I do that and i get a message on zmud that looks like this

now before when i was logging normally it would just show up as dark cyan and it would log normally..
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:35 pm   

In zmud Prefrences, Special chars make sure you have the focus char set to : and enabled
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: