Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
xaosvilin
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:46 am   

Searching trigger for condition

Hey all, I spent some time tonight searching through the forums about how to make a response trigger so that people wouldnt think you were idling. I stumbled on some pretty good stuff, mostly about aliza etc, but none were really what I was looking for.

Im trying to make a trigger look for specific keywords so that I can make a decent response to an admin or player trying to talk to me. My question is, how can I make it look multiple keywords after the quotes in the pattern section? Not sure how to separate them or denote them..

#TR {%1 tells you, "*hi|hello|hey|greetings|*"} {#MATH wait %random( 10, 40);#ALARM {+@wait} {#CASE %random {tell %1 Hello} {tell %1 Greetings} {tell %1 heya} {tell %1 hi} {tell %1 howdy} }}

Hope this is understandable.. very late here.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:54 am   

Well first you shouldnt be trying to break your muds rules...

And second since you ARE trying to break the rules Ill just tell you to read the "pattern matching" helpfile. I.E. Open help click contents click refrences click pattern matching. Sounds simple enough.

Just remember no trigger is better then the human brain you will get caught and you will get punished. Your mud Imps obviously don't want you idling for a reason possibly because bandwidth is expensive. Sorrying for being such an @$$ but thats me maybe someone else will be more specific but if you ask me asking for ways to cheat/break the rules in this forum is akin to asking for a cracked version of zmud here. Any way enough of my anti-rule breaking rant just read the helpfile it explains everything you wan't to know.
xaosvilin
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:31 pm   

Actually bandwidth isnt the problem. But thanks.. actually I've been trying to learn java in another window and they pop in and demolish me.. it takes 3 hours of online time to bloody get 1 lesson to train a skill. and since when has this forum ever taken the muds side hmm? i suppose its my buisiness to break the laws, and pay the consequences hmm?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:11 pm   

If you're at the computer anyway, just make an alert.

#TRIGGER {{tells you|enters|sneaks}} {#BEEP;#PLAY wakeup.wav}
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:22 pm   

What you have looks about as good as you're likely to get without a considerable investment of time. Just enclose your stringlist in brackets. The @wait variable isn't needed.
#TR {(*) tells you, ~"*{hi|hello|hey|greetings}*~"} {#ALARM +%random( 10, 40) {#CASE %random {tell %1 Hello} {tell %1 Greetings} {tell %1 heya} {tell %1 hi} {tell %1 howdy}}}

Most scripts in this forum are written for Command Line entry.
Don't even open the Settings Editor unless its use is specified or obvious.
xaosvilin
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:29 pm   got her working anyways

thanks.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: