Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
glor
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 4:04 am   

Alarms

Hey everyone, I just had some questions about alarms. Basically, what I would like to do is allow multiple triggers to work off one alarm. So if one trigger fires, it'll set the alarm to go off in 20 seconds. But if in the meantime, another trigger fires, I want to have that alarm reset to 20 seconds. Then, if yet another trigger fires, I want to be able to kill that alarm (or maybe just disable it so that zmud doesn't get slowed too much?).

I realize I can just use the tick timer for this, but I need to do it for a couple of cases and i guess some questions I have are:

1) How do you 'reset' an alarm?
2) How do you 'disable' or 'remove' an alarm?

I'm thinking I could just have an alarm trigger that's sitting there waiting to be enabled and reset or disabled, but I odn't know how to manipulate it (and the timer seems to keep counting down even when I disable it...). Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks a bunch!!
Bremen
Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 4:46 am   

quote:

1) How do you 'reset' an alarm?
2) How do you 'disable' or 'remove' an alarm?

Alarms are just triggers, they can be named with Trigger IDs upon creation, removed with #UNTRIG, and disabled/enabled with #T+ and #T-.

One possibility: Use temporary alarms (#ALARM "ID" +20 {actions}) and delete/recreate as necessary in the other triggers.

--Bremen, zMUD 6.16 on WinME.
glor
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 5:53 am   

hm, I've tried doing that, but apparently I can't tag an ID to the alarm via the #ALARM command (syntax error), it only lets me do #ALARM +3 {blah}. Which means I can't #UNTRIG it because the ID is just 'alarm####' that is different every time.

Any way around this?
Bremen
Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 6:59 am   

What syntax are you using?

#ALARM "test" +15 {#SAY hi}
#UNTRIG test

works for me

quote:

apparently I can't tag an ID to the alarm via the #ALARM command (syntax error

--Bremen, zMUD 6.16 on WinME.
Dumas
Enchanter

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 3:00 pm   

And if what Bremen said doesn't work, you can always assign an ID for the alarm in the settings panel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: