Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Rowene
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 3:13 pm   

A problem with doors...

I've been having a problem with doors for quite a while when mapping new zones, but although annoying, it could be simply overcome by switching to follow mode when moving back through a door. To explain, the automapper would quite happily generate doors for me as I went about a new zone, the problem was, when I went back through the door, the mapper would create a new room on top of the old, with a name taken from previous commands - such as 'you look at the statue', 'you kill the rat' etc, as I said before just switching to follow mode when going back through the door would solve this.

Now in the beta realease the mapper has stopped sending the command to open some doors automatically. I should point out that this occurs in some zones that were mapped well before the previous problem was noted.

Any suggestions on how to solve the above would be more than welcome. I have tried re-configuring the mapper, this doesn't seem to work, and monsters now tend to confuse it as well . If the mapper database is corrupt (I don't think it is) suggestions on how to recover it would also be appreciatted.
Thandril
Adept

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 12:48 pm   

Since no one else has thrown in a suggestion... Perhaps you need to add some simple triggers to #NOMAP the text that's being added when you walk back through in map mode? Alternately, you can press enter a couple times to clear out Mapper's input buffer so that when you move the only thing it'll see is the room description.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: