Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
mystmaiden

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:19 am   

problem logging in

I have been using zmud to play achaea for ages, suddenly tonight I got booted now when I try to log back on I instantly get:
Enter an option or enter your character's name. What is your password? Password incorrect.

all at once, no chance to even try to log in, the it disconnects.

Any suggestions? This is frustrating.

myst
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:55 am   

It sounds like you AutoLog (for automatic login) trigger is passing a bad password value. So open your session offline and check for whatever triggers you using to do that. If the triggers are correct, or they are sending #PW to automatically send the password then you password for session is wrong.

You can change it by right clicking on you session icon, going to edit, selecting the character tab and enter the correct password.

If both of these fail, delete the autologin trigger and recreate them.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:13 am   problem logging in

Thanks, Tech for the reply but I do not use an auto login at all.. Can you think of anything else it might be?

Myst
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:29 pm   

It may still be a login in trigger. Even though you didn't set one up, one may be have been created by the autologin wizard.

Another way to check is to start your session offline, disable triggers and then attempt to connect. If the problem doesn't occur then you know it's a trigger that's causing it.

To be honest, if it's not triggers I'm not sure what to suggest. You can chceck you atConnect alias to see if you are sending any info in there that might be sending a value that's being considered the password.
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:53 pm   

I have had a few occasions where an alarm was firing and using the #send command. This caused the same symptoms you are reporting.
mystmaiden

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:00 pm   problem logging in

Again, thanks for the replies.

I checked the auto loggin, nothing was there, so I set it up to log me in automatically. It still flashes the both queries on one line instantly then disconnects. Cleared that.. disabled triggers and tried to log in. That did not work. I am not sure how to check for the #send command though.

This computer is on a network, the network appears to be working fine though otherwise, I can connect to other games just fine and I have port 23 open.

myst
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:07 pm   

PM and I'll give and email address to send your .MUD file to. maybe that will provide more clues.
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:45 am   

check the "atconnect" alias and either disable or fix it as needed if there are no autologin triggers
HeCantBe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:25 am   

I'm having a similar problem.

I can enter my character's name, but when I put the password in, it tells me it's incorrect. At first, I thought I had been hacked, but I can log in with Achaea's Nexus client with no trouble.

I disabled triggers and parsing. I even cleared my settings and gave it try. No luck. I can't figure it out. The last time I changed anything was a week ago. The last time I played was about 4 days... It doesn't make sense.

If someone would/could help me out, I'd appreciate it a good deal. :v
HeCantBe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:59 pm   

Oh, I fixed it. OK then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: