Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
noz
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:56 pm   

Help...Zmud not showing text

A friend of mine is having trouble with zmud. It worked fine for the first day she had it, but as soon as she closed it then opened it again she couldn't see certain things. anytime the word 'kiss' is in a sentence it wont show up. not just the word, but the entire line. Whether it be something like 'you kiss so and so' or...'fsdfsdsdgsdgkissgsdgsdgsg' or whatever it just wont show anything. I'm leaving her name out for certain reasons, the main one is that her password is also 'kiss', I dont know if this could help any one figure out whats wrong or not. I've tried everything i could think of, searched her settings for any #gag triggers that had the word kiss or anything like that, and found nothing. the only thing i found that contained the word kiss was an auto login. I deleted that and the problem still happens. She's reinstalled zmud and the same thing occured, it worked fine at first, and then after she closed it, it would stop showing lines with the word kiss in it. anything else shows up just fine. She's used other clients before and this has never happened. I told her to turn off all her triggers and try to see if that would fix it temporarily, but even with the triggers off she couldn't see the lines. can any one help?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:33 pm   

Sounds like that string is part of her password that zmud has saved to #PW and by default zmud gags any line with the password.

1. Log into the mud and use your muds change password command to change your password to something differant (since we alll prolly know it now :P) mix up letters and numbers I.E. somepass123 is just a lil more secure then kiss :P
2. In the zmud char selection screen edit the char and in the char tab change the password field to the new password.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: