Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Chris_3413
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:59 am   

Multi-line Status Windows

Didnt see any other threads on this so hope i didnt miss somthing, anyhow,
ive got this obsession with variables and displaying things and one of my favorites is to have a status window docked on the right hand side with multiple lines of information displayed for me to see..

With zMud, it was easy to just press enter to go to a new line in the settings and do the next line you want to appear, now it appears that with cMud the whole thing has to be written as a single line and I need to fiddle with multiple spaces to make the lines wrap correctly.

I've tried using %cr in the settings an it didnt work.

just wondering if this was an intentional change or an oversight and if theres some other way to get multiple lines of output in a status window.
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:13 pm   

I'm sure earlier in the beta testing process some problems were found with the status window and changes were made to it, I could be wrong though so don't quote me on it. Anyway for now you can certainly use %cr if there are spaces round it so:

<some stuff to show on line 1> %cr <some stuff to show on line 2>
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:43 pm   

You shouldn't have to write stuff on multiple lines. I'll look into this, but it sounds more like a bug.
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:22 am   

I think Chris_3413 was saying that writing stuff on multiple lines isn't causing multiple lines to appear in the Status Window like it does in zMUD.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:26 am   

Yeah, actually what I meant to say was "you shouldn't have to write stuff on a SINGLE line". It's definitely a bug.
moonwlf
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:05 am   

I noticed this as well. It seemed that if there was multi lines in the status window definition (or even spaces) that the status window would either not show the status definition or not expand the variables.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: