Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
The Raven
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:21 pm   

Gauge Request

I'd like a circular gage that I can fill, as desired, with points, lines, and pie slices emanating from the center. Like, I want to be able to emulate a clock (3 lines of differing lengths and colors), a radar display (one line, one pie slice, and multiple dots), etc.

All items would be defined by their angle and length (a pie would be defined by two angles and a length), with some fluff traits like color or thickness. Length would be between 0 and 100, 0 being no length and 100 being to the edge of the gauge. Even points are defined by an angle and length, with the point being placed at the end of where a similarly defined line would be.

I know that gauges are not yet functional in CMud... I was just making a request for the future.

Raven
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:50 pm   

Gauges are actually already functional in CMUD (at least the same that they were in zMUD). Honestly, I'm not sure I will be able to add circular gauges unless I find a good Delphi component that already implements them.
slicertool
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:50 pm   

Gauge request addendum: I use gauges for tracking 10-30 minute cooldowns for a couple skills, but using %alarm(AlarmName) doesn't keep the gauge up to date, but instead the gauges only update when something with a variable updates in them. Could there be something added to check for repaint every couple seconds on gauges for these types of things (or a way to force the repaint to update the gauges)? Also, adding the same patch in for zMud would be wonderful too ;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: