Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Fergal1982
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:05 pm   

Capturing Multiline tells / conversion questions

Hi guys, Im really sorry to post this, but i tried to look at the converting scripts thread, and cant really make heads out of it, i just havent spent the time to get to grips with coding in C/ZMud yet.

In Zmud i have a multiline tell capture that went something like this:

Code:
#TRIGGER "multilinecapture" {^%w tells you, ~"} {:tells:#sayp %time( hh:mm)%char( 32);#temp multilinecaptureend {~"$} {#state multilinecapture 0};#cap tells;#gag}
#COND {} {#cap tells;#gag} {looppat}

But when i try to execute it within CMUD it doesnt work properly. all i get in the tells window is :tells and the tell itself stays visible. How do i need to recode this to get it working again (while we are at it, some of the tells can have a prefix (eg killer jan tells you, ), how can i modify the code to cope with this? currently in Zmud ive taken the ~ out and just cope with it capturing a lot of stuff i dont want it to.

Also, is there an easy way to import all the scripts from zmud (even if they dont work, i can try to work on that later)?

im sure ill have a few more questions. sorry to be a pain.

Fergal
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:29 pm   

Go into the settings editor and look at your "multilinecapture" trigger and make sure the command script is set properly. There is a bug when using #TRIGGER (or other commands) form the command line when they contain the :windowname: syntax.

For importing scripts, if you install CMUD into the same directory as zMUD, it should convert your files and work in most cases. Since zMUD and CMUD use different file formats, there is no bad effect on your zMUD files. In fact, you can use zMUD and CMUD at the same time. So there is no risk to your existing zMUD files to try it.

I expect to add a Compatibility Report feature to the next version of CMUD to make migration of zMUD scripts a bit easier.
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:44 pm   

You can also get CMUD to convert a *.MUD file by listing it as your main package file. It will create a *.pkg file of the same name. I think one might need to delete or rename any existing pkg file of the same name before doing this. [Edit: From Zugg's very recent post in another thread, it looks like if there is an existing pkg file with the same name, it is replaced when a *.MUD file is imported. I can't test at the moment.]
Fergal1982
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:54 pm   

well i reinstalled into the zmud folder, and everything seems to be going well. time will tell how well though. question. how do i save the layout of my windows again?

i have three windows, the main one, and two smaller ones (occupying the same space using tabs) above it. i remember having to save the layout and do multiple saves i think. is cmud any different?

Also, i have a trigger using this code, which doesnt seem to work. has the command changed?
Code:
#if ((%1/3) >= 1) {#col {green}}
#if ((%2/3) >= 1) {#col {yellow}}

damn, i had another question but i cant remember what it was. ill ask if i remember

thanks guys
fergal
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:58 pm   

CMUD automatically saves your layout (if you have Use Layout checked, which it is by default).

There have been some noted quirks that if you run into an error while running CMUD, depending on the nature of th error some of your layout properties maybe reset.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:18 pm   

cool, thanks

I remember my other question: the bar at the top of the main window (the orange one), is there a way to make that thinner?
Fergal1982
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:30 pm   

Damn! I've totally screwed my layout trying to get it to hide the orange bar, and now its utterly rafted. what do i need to do in order to make cmud do the conversion again for all the settings, etc?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:44 pm   

You can't make the orange title bar any thinner, but you can hide it completely by turning off the Show Caption option in the Layout menu.

To reconvert your settings, select Edit Session, go to the Files tab, and enter your *.MUD file name into the Filename field. It will reconvert your MUD file to the PKG format.
Fergal1982
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:16 pm   

ok... the settings seem to have reloaded, but... the main window is just blank. even hitting reconnect brings nothing up in this screen!

if it helps at all, the caption is listing as akanbar.mud

Edit: ok, it seems to be working now, i R-clicked on the window, selected edit menu, and ticked the 'use main session network connection' radio button. that seems to have got it up and running again. not sure if this is the right thing to do though (ie the proper way to get it working)
Fergal1982
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:33 pm   

argh!!!!!!!!!! i swear its not me. i really do! alright then, the buttons along the top have now vanished. and i only have the reference tab along the right hand side (not that i was really using the other two yet, but never mind)
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:38 am   

You can always delete your .xly layout file and start again.
Fergal1982
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:31 am   

its ok, i kicked off a reinstall of cmud, thats sorted it out.

cheers
Fergal1982
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:49 pm   

after the upgrade, i imported akanbar.mud into the cmud directory and recreated the pkg file to import all my triggers. however my tells multiline capture trigger no longer seems to work properly. It captures the first line, but anything after that is in the main window. the trigger commands are:

Code:
#temp multilinecaptureend {~"$} {#state multilinecapture 0}
#cap tells
#gag
#beep

thats exactly what appears in the trigger window (not including the trigger text but thats fairly standard).

can anyone help with this?

Thanks
Fergal
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: