Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
moonwlf
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:48 pm   

[1.12] Moving settings within settings editor

I've noticed that when moving settings that sometimes a setting can be moved to the wrong place. If moving several settings at once by either multi selecting them or selecting a folder you will get odd behavior. The settings may get put in the root folder or in a random folder.

There was one case where a button was moved to the child of a trigger. I am not sure if this just just related to moving settings to a seperate package/window since that is what I've been doing lately. This also seems to occur with either drag and drop or use the move to menu.

I've also noticed that settings will not always move with with drag and drop or the move to menu. Sometimes you will have to click twice on the item you are trying to move to get it to work. In order to move something to a different package/window the all tab must be selected.
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:04 pm   

Try it again and make sure that you have opened the folder/class that you are trying to move your settings into. I've noticed this in previous versions and that ended up being the case. I hadn't actually opened the class/folder that I wanted it to drop the settings into, simply selecting the folder/class isn't enough for the move or copy to command.

Edit
Tried those things myself and they didn't help in this version. I'll look deeper later.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:21 pm   

Thanks for the report. I'll look into this and see what I can find.

You shouldn't need to open the class folder when moving settings to it. So that sounds like another bug. Or maybe it was a problem in previous versions. But that's not the intended operation. Dragging a setting to a folder should work regardless of whether the folder is open.

If this is an intermittent problem, then my guess is that it's related to the background updating thread. If the settings editor performs an update while you are in the middle of dragging settings, then it might cause a problem. Try turning off the Auto Update option in the View menu and see if that makes it work more reliably. You might have to click the Refresh button manually to see changes to your settings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: