Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Ceres
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:41 pm   

Packages?

Perhaps I am being somewhat dim however I have no idea how to work with, save or restore packages Embarassed Can someone please point me to an existing resource or give me a crash course on the appropriate use of them?
slicertool
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:06 pm   

packages are like the old .mud files... except you can publish them for other people to use and you can have multiple package files loaded for a single character.
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:14 pm   

Just like creating new triggers and aliases there is an ability to NEW--> Packages.

This will allow you to create a blank package file. You can make it a child or a parent either or. Then you load settings (aliases etc) into it just like normal. Click file save and it will give you the option to save it and name it. To associate it just go to your session properties and add the package to the list of loaded packages.

I finally just completed my first set after figuring out some rather strange problems. It works wonderfully if you can get around certain problems.
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:00 pm   

I'm interested (and at the same time not entirely sure) in how best to create a package/class structure for my 'new' system. Previously on zMud it was simply a class hierarchy. Now, I have to choose between packages and classes.

If feel mostly it should be the small bits of my system that can be easily be seperated off with as few dependencies as possible that should make package stage. Complicated components like my healing system should be several packages in their own tree, with classes seperating off the smaller specifics. Feels like I'll also be using classes a fair bit less.

A question though... do packages have the support for dependencies from other packages in the current implementation? Can you specifiy "Package C requires Packages A,B"? Haven't had enough time to sit down and go through CMud myself yet. Ah, for that time :)
Magician

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:37 pm   

Riesz wrote:
A question though... do packages have the support for dependencies from other packages in the current implementation? Can you specifiy "Package C requires Packages A,B"? Haven't had enough time to sit down and go through CMud myself yet. Ah, for that time :)

Not at the moment, but people have asked for it and Zugg has said that may be looked at later down the road.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: