Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
jluce7
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:38 pm   

Button Types ??

Recently I saw a pretty cool "skin" on someone's ZMUD and was wondering a) how could this be done? and b) he had some buttons that I liked. They were the type that you click (like when/if you take an online survey or something) a little bubble. I was wondering how this could be done? Also is there a way to put the "TITLE" of the button above the actual button or to one side?

EXAMPLES:
-------------

Health Sips Left:
------------------
|"actual button" |
------------------
AND
( )Full Defenses
( )Bashing Defenses
( )Combat Defenses

Any help would be great thanks. Also if there's a way to change the color of ZMUDs client so it doesn't look so much like IE. (would like Silver/Metallic)
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:41 pm   

Use a seporator button to hold the label, though most buttons could have the label actually on the button you use
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:54 pm   

See
http://www.zuggsoft.com/zmud/zmudinfo.htm

About half way down with gauges and just below it on buttons. You can do nifty things with buttons/gauges.
jluce7
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:17 pm   

I've used ZMUD a while, but never messed with anything like scripting or anything. However, now I would like to. How exactly do I
use a "seperator" button?
Quote:

Use a seporator button to hold the label, though most buttons could have the label actually on the button you use
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:29 pm   

Multistate example:

#BUTTON Actualbutton {"actual button"} {#NOOP Script here} {( )Full Defenses|( )Bashing Defenses|( )Combat Defenses} {#NOOP Script for full defenses here|#NOOP Script for bashing defenses here|} {} {} {} {Size} {120} {23} {} {} {} {59} {110|76|42} {} {} "test|zmud22765" {} {} {AcutalButton}

Tool tip example

#BUTTON Actualbutton2 {Tool tip} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} "test|zmud22765" {} {This is a tool tip} {}
jluce7
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:33 pm   

Actually I was looking for one that would have a circle type button

"( ) Defenses" where the ( ) is the circle-shaped button. It would be a simple PUSH type I suppose and would either change color or have a "dot" in the middle so I know I hit it. Also would most likely be connected to a class or trigger. Please forgive me as I have minimal "scripting" ability so probably won't know what you are talking about in most cases (example #NOOP...I read it does nothing but expand parameters, but what good is that? *G*)

Is what I was looking for possible? Also, to change the colors on a push type button? Or just a certain spot?? Thanks ahead of time for the help
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:55 am   #NOOP %btnimage

btnimage

Syntax: %btnimage(button[,filename])

Change the image assigned to a button to the given filename. The button parameter can be number or id. If the filename is not present, the current bitmap filename is returned.
Examples:
Create a button:

#BUTTON 1 {Protect} {cast 'circle of protection'}

Now, assign a bitmap image to the button:

#NOOP %btnimage(1,"protect.bmp")

To remove the bitmap from the button:

#NOOP %btnimage(1,"")
jluce7
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:42 am   

OK, I want my XP theme to be the same as normal, but ZMud to be different. How do I do that?
And that button idea still didn't make it look the way I want. And I can't figure out how to make it do it ARGH!!
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:18 am   

I don't think ZMud supports skinning, which is what would be required to make rounded buttons. There's certainly no way short of a plugin to create different button shapes in ZMud, as the only non-visible button is the separator type and you can't put images on a separator button (you also can't click on it).
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:50 pm   

You can make your own bitmaps to give the appears of roundedness.

For your dots see Vijilante's post here:
http://forums.zuggsoft.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=22765&view=next

Many people have made similar things like:
http://forums.zuggsoft.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=10503&highlight=btnimage
http://forums.zuggsoft.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=10148&highlight=btnimage
http://forums.zuggsoft.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=10617&highlight=btnimage
http://forums.zuggsoft.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=10881&highlight=btnimage
jluce7
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:03 pm   KIND OF FIGURED IT OUT~

Ok, as the title says, I started poking around with the pictures and BMPs to use. I got it I think sorta almost :-)

In the button section, I go to ADVANCED tab, then click the downward arrow to the right of the little folder icon by "Bitmap File". It has some preset...one of which is a CIRC file and then another is ABCM_RADIOITEM. My thing is I want CIRC to always be there on the button, but if I click it (figure it'd be a toggle type thing) I want the ABCM_RADIO to appear inside (most likely just "over top") the CIRC's .BMP file. I can then put the seperator button next to it as the describer. My question is....how do I do this (I don't script the buttons in, I use the button wizard so if you could break it down in that regards, it'd be awesome...) THANKS AHEAD OF TIME and for all the previous help.
jluce7
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:32 pm   Think I got it.

MattLofton wrote:
I don't think ZMud supports skinning, which is what would be required to make rounded buttons. There's certainly no way short of a plugin to create different button shapes in ZMud, as the only non-visible button is the separator type and you can't put images on a separator button (you also can't click on it).

#BUTTON on command line (so I knew which button it was) - then
Toggle Type Button (happened to be button 2)
Caption doesn't matter..name it whatever
Button Up - Value - #NOOP %btnimage(2,"circr")
Button Down - Value - #NOOP %btnimage(2,"circg")
Resize it until it just looks like a little dot icon.

This does almost EXACTLY what I was trying to refer to. As for the skinning, I have an XP theme I would like to use, but not for my whole PC. Isn't there a way I can just import that one theme for ZMud? With the button working, all I have to do is put a seperator right next to it to get the visual effect I was looking for. This way I know constantly what "state" the button is in. (Usually used "#ECHO <CLASSWHATEVER> ON" but after long fights or Free For Alls, it was hard to remember what was on or off or in what state of on or off. This will help a lot for me I think. If anyone can think of a way to make it better, please let me know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: