Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
burley
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:37 am   

Customer Service Problem

Zugg,
I have no choice but post this here because your customer service for reason would not anxwer any of my message except for the first one.
It also because you dont have a phone number and I only have one day
left with free trail. I ordered Zmud last week and it was rejected because of address error. Your site would only accept 5 digits zip code but my billing address use 9 digits. I sent a message to you asking what should I do. Chiara sent me a reply asking what country Im from and to please to use only 5 digits zip code. I dont understand the question about what country Im from because Im talking U.S. zip code and I did use the 5 digits. I told her to please read my last message carefully that I have 9 digits in my billing address. On Friday I checked my account and saw you made a charge of $29.95 for Zmud. I was please thinking that this was resoved but I sent a message because there was no comfirmation message or license numbers. On Saturday I notived that the charge of $29.95 was removed from my account. Why? What is going on? Please look over this situation. Thanks. burleson@kconline.com
Tarn
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:02 am   Re: Customer Service Problem

Since it's a pretty automatic process (almost all of the time) and you're in a hurry, I'd recommend asking your card company what to do. They may be able to tell you what was funny about the attempted charge that caused it to fail.

In some cases (if the profile triggers their security software) they might need to set a flag on your account. I need to do this with my card company periodically for online orders. Make sure that your mailing address, phone number, etc is fine.

-Tarn
Vitae
Enchanter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:31 am   

Quote:
Chiara sent me a reply asking what country Im from and to please to use only 5 digits zip code. I dont understand the question about what country Im from because Im talking U.S. zip code and I did use the 5 digits. I told her to please read my last message carefully that I have 9 digits in my billing address.
so u used the 5 digits or the 9 digits?
If you live in the US then use the 1st 5 digits.
The extra 4 is nothing more than a post office locator type thing.
Your note is very confusing.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:23 am   

Sorry for spamming this thread, but since I work at a Postal facility I felt indebted to clarify the apparent confusion on 5 and 9 digit ZIP codes.

5 digits are the standard, required ZIP code. 9 digits are the ZIP+4 code. The additional 4 digits provides additonal delivery information but are not required for standard mail by the USPS. Here is some info taken from a USPS intranet site on ZIP codes.

Quote:
ZIP+4® Code

ZIP+4 codes are five-digit ZIP Codes followed by a hyphen and four additional digits. The five-digit ZIP Code identifies postal delivery areas. The first two digits after the hyphen denote a delivery sector, which may be several blocks, a group of streets, several office buildings, or a small geographic area. The last two numbers denote a delivery segment, which may be one floor of an office building, one side of a street, specific departments in a firm, or a group of Post Office boxes.

The Postal Service may apply a ZIP Code, ZIP+4 code, and/or finest depth of sort representative barcode to mailpieces with incorrect or nonexistent ZIP Code information to facilitate processing.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:20 pm   

As other people have said, just use the first 5 digits. If it doesn't work, then contact your credit card bank.

As far as the "charges" you need to understand how online credit card transactions are handled by the bank: when a card is "authorized" to determine if the card is valid, the bank often "reserves" the amount of money just in case it later comes through. Expecially when it's just an address verification issue. Some companies don't care about matching the address and will go ahead and process the charge. We don't do that. When the address doesn't match, we don't process the charge, but the bank usually still reserves the amount for a couple of days.

So what you saw was the credit card company reserving the amount on your card just in case we went ahead and processed it. Then a few days later when we had not processed it, the bank "unreserved" the funds. Sometimes this looks like a charge, depending upon how you are accessing your credit card account. But usually the bank has a way to distinguish between a "real" charge and a "reserved" authorization.

In any case, we can't help you with specifics via a public forum like this. You'll need to use email and follow up on this. Also, this is why we offer a 30-day evaluation. You shouldn't wait until the last moment to buy it, especially when it's over a weekend when our support is slower.
burley
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:03 am   

Zmud,
Thanks for clearing this up with the missing charge. It a situation Ive never see before.
On my third card (same address error with the second card) my order finally went thru
which Im glad because your software is really great stuff. Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: