Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
alaric
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:47 am   

Tabbed Status Windows?

Is it possible to make more than one status window and use tabs to switch between? I tried making a new status window inside the settings and it just added the info to the current one I have. :( I am not trying to make new MUD windows or whatever they are called. Any ideas?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:25 am   

Nope, you are only allowed one official status window. If you want more than one, you need to write a plugin (extreme solution) or use #WINDOW/#MAKEWINDOW and handle it yourself.
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:02 pm   

Ok...given you can make capture commands that will open new MUD windows and all, and you can make each new window have its own settings file....how might I go about using those instead? I recall reading something about being able to make them reference the main window, but does anyone have the details? or can someone point me to the help file that talks about that? going to search for it right now myself as well
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:52 pm   

Look at the help section on Multiplaying. Variable references can be done with @WindowName.variable also using the #CLR command can be useful. For example a snippet from my system
Code:
:Room:#CLR
  #IF (@RoomName) {#WINDOW Room {%replace(@RoomName,"[3","[1;3")}}
  #IF (@RoomDesc) {#WINDOW Room {%ansi(white)@RoomDesc}}
  #IF (@RoomExit) {#WINDOW Room {Obvious exits: %expanddb(@RoomExit," ","=")}}
  RoomName=%stripansi(@RoomName)

A button from my Room child window exhibits how to get around the lack of notification that a variable in another window was changed. This allows all the changes to be made to the other window variables then in the Room window "Update=%eval(!@Update)" is enough to cause the button to updates its display. Buttons can be a very effective system for building extra status like windows.
Code:
#CLASS {Flasher}
#VAR Update {1}
#VAR RoomBtnControl {0}
#ALARM "RoomBtnFlasher" {*5} {#IF (@Veroule.Connected) {RoomBtnControl=%eval(!@RoomBtnControl)} {RoomBtnControl=0;#T- RoomBtnFlasher}}
#BUTTON 0 {%if(@Update,,)%if(@RoomBtnControl,@Veroule.RoomName,%expanddb(@Veroule.RoomExit," ","=")|@RoomOthers)} {} {%if(@Update,,)%replace(@Veroule.RoomExit,"|"," ")} {} {} {} {} {Size} {350} {13} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} "" {} {} {RoomBtn}
#CLASS 0
Note how the button caption starts with "%if(@Update,,)" this is what forces caption updating and keeps any extraneous text from being displayed.
alaric
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:22 pm   

I will try and work that in...not the most advanced scripter so I am going to have to try and figure out what all that does and implement it into my scripts. Thanks for the help, at least I know there is a way. :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: