Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
benny1564
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:01 pm   

Walk to every room in one zone?

I remember asking this some 1.5 years ago, but I can't find any answers on the forums or my computer so I ask again. How do I make my mapper walk to every mapped room in one zone?

This is new: Can I make a trigger that checks if there are any new exits in a room and highlight them?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:29 pm   

http://forums.zuggsoft.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=17191
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:40 pm   

First step is to create a list of the rooms in the zone. This is best done with a %mapquery:
RoomsList=%mapquery(%concat("[ZoneID]='",%zonenum,"'"))

Next you have to move through the rooms, this becomes a very complex task depending on your current scripts. I would suggest that you make use of the onroomenter special alias during this process to remove rooms from the list. Additionally consider that it may be best to alternate between high and low numbers on the list when using #WALK. Meaning if you stand at a high number #WALK to a low number, if your at a low number #WALK to a high number. The list should come out from %mapquery already sorted, but you may chose to sort it with %sort.

I think the reason you never really got an answer the first time around is because it is truly an extremely complex script. The addition of checking exits, while not trivial, is not nearly as complex as designing the type of walking system you are seeking. I literally spend days building, tweaking, and then debugging such scripts; and even then find them all lacking in many ways. I have posted some of my automapper script creations here, but they are often far to specialized to the particular mud I built them for to be of any use to anyone. The ongoing support required to help you understand any script I could make to do what you want is more then I have time for. I hope my pointing you in the right direction is enough.
benny1564
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:00 pm   

I use the onwalkend to initialise a new path when the previous is done but it only works for speedwalks started by me. It doesn't work when a speedwalk was started with #walk.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:37 pm   

Use an #IF in onroomenter to compare with %destroom. This should cover your onwalkend problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: