Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
billaben
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:36 am   

Building Rooms Manually

I've just invested a couple days beating zMUD over the head with a stick until I was finally able to generate a rock solid script for moving. It works beautifully. It can speedwalk at lightning speed, reliably highlights every room, and never misses a move command. Unfortunatelly in order to do so I had to completely over-ride the behavior of the mapper, which means it no longer knows how to create rooms.

Assuming it is even possible I now want to create code that can duplicate the mappers ability to generate rooms and autolink to any adjacent rooms which fit.

I have dug through the command reference and function lists as well as the forumns themselves and don't see much of anything that looks useable.

Any ideas for how to manually handle room creation and linking would be helpful.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:45 pm   

Over in the Finished Scripts forum I posted a script that does that back in March I think. You will have to hack out all the parts for room detection to get yourself just the portion that does the creation. Also it makes use of zMapper, so you will need to have that operational as a plugin.
billaben
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:56 pm   

Humm... No way to do it without zMapper? I didn't realize that zMapper added functionality to zMUD for scripting. I'll have to look into that.

And Thanks much. You've been a lot of help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: