Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
slamboy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:32 am   

ismember question

Long time zmud user, first time poster. Hopefully the gurus here can assist me (I've seen some of the help you all have given others - good stuff!)

Here's my trigger:

#IF (%ismember( @mobsinroom, @AgroMobsToSleep)) {#FORALL @AgroMobsToSleep {cs %i}} {score}

What I'm trying to do is to compare entries from one string list against entries from another string list. Basically I have another set of triggers that populates the @mobsinroom variable whenever I walk into a room. If ANY of the values in @mobsinroom match, then I want to cast sleep (cs) on those mobs that match ANY value in the stringlist @AgroMobsToSleep. With the trigger posted above, I cast sleep on all of the mobs in the @AgroMobsToSleep variable if (and only if) there is only one value in the @mobsinroom variable, and if that value is within the @AgroMobsToSleep variable.

Is there anyway to compare each member of the @mobsinroom variable against each member of the @AgroMobsToSleep variable and if any values match then cast sleep on that member? If it's still not clear, I'll be happy to explain in more detail.
Aarlot
Adept

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:15 am   

Something like:

#FORALL @mobsinroom {#IF (%ismember("%i",@AgroMobsToSleep)) {cs %i}}

might work. As far as I know, you can't use %ismember to loop through a string var and compare it to another string var. It'd be nice if you could, and if I'm wrong here, please tell me so I can use it! (Btw, I know the above doesn't incorporate teh "score", but that seems like it could be handled pretty easily otherwise.)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:01 am   

yeah, score was just entered for debugging purposes. I needed something that wouldn't get me killed :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: