Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Meaux

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:01 pm   

Trigger Layout

When setting new triggers the usual layout has been set triggers at the top of the page and then below that a place to add the info for new triggers. Somehow I caught a button(s) - I dont know which and the bottom part has become detached.

When I want to set a new trigger now I have to set a name first and then left click and edit to add the details. Its very irritating.

I hope you can make sense of that ...

Can someone tell me how to undo this change to it returns to the normal layout please.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:01 pm   

click on the Layout|Reset Windows|Settings Editor menu. Settings Editor is only available when the Settings Editor window is open.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:11 pm   

Thanks for the suggestion. I've given that ago but when I try to set a new trigger it is still opening a new title box within the list of extisting triggers (which I then have to edit to add the details I need) rather than allowing me to add all the information I need in one go at the bottom of the page as used to happen. :(

Any other ideas of how to undo it?
Dharkael
Enchanter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:48 pm   

View->Preferences->General under the window section check use ALT for docking.
Edit a trigger.
If the Edit Trigger Window is completely maximized hit the restore icon at the top left corner(the one with the 2 overlapping squares).
You should then be able to see the Settings window that has the list of all your triggers.
on the Edit Trigger window Hold down ALT and with the mouse pointer over the Blue band at the top depress and hold the left mouse button, without releasing either the ALT or the left mouse button drag the Edit Trigger window until your mouse pointer (and the outline of the Edit window) are near the buttom of the Settings Window, you may have to move it up and down a bit until
you find the right spot, but when the window is ready to dock, the outline of the Edit Trigger, window will change width to match
the width of the Settings window at this point release the left mouse button and then the ALT key
the two windows should now be docked, and back to the way you want it.
Meaux

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:35 am   

Thankyou! Thankyou so much! Thats done the trick ... and saved my sanity with it. There is no way I would have figured that out without help. :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: