Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
ceroddick
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:49 pm   

Hunt

Hello,

I am new to this and want to create a hunt alias.

What I want it to do is wait for a player to enter a safe room and follow him out.

So anotherowrds I want to type hunt <playername> and follow the player and of course a way to shut it off.

The mud I play says
<playername> leaves <direction>

Can anyone give me some advice on where to start or what to do?

TIA
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:57 pm   

Use aliases for actions which you initiate (picking out a target, clearing target). #ALIAS
Use variables to store information (who the target is). #VARIABLE
Use triggers to respond to events on the MUD (target enters room, target leaves room). #TRIGGER

So, for example,
#AL hunt {#VAR target {%-1}}
#TR {@target leaves (%w)} {%1}

Most scripts in this forum are written for Command Line entry.
Don't even open the Settings Editor unless its use is specified or obvious.
ceroddick
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:38 am   

Embarassed
I am a rooking on this site. First time I ever posted anything. And I have posted to many many forms in the past. I think your problem is that there is noway to tell where you are posting the topic to. I had no idea I was posting in this section or of course I wouldnt of posted it here. I just wanted help and would have posted in the proper area to get a response quicker. If you guys added a drop down menu in the topic creation section would probably elminate 90% of these incorrect postings.

now I am really tired sorry about any poor english and spelling. But I think you get what I meant.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:58 pm   

Wow, completely off-topic. First you posted about zMUD on the Forums board, and now you post about the Forum on a zMUD board.

Since you have posted to many, many forums in the past, you should be well aware of the importance of posting to the correct board. The boards cover different subjects to save time for both readers and searches. If we tolerate posts about anything on any board, then there is no reason to have more than one board.

I find it quite easy to tell which forum a post will go to. The New Topic button doesn't even appear until you've selected a forum, which of course is the forum your post will go to. The forum name is also displayed right beside the New Topic and Post Reply buttons. In addition, the name of the forum is at the top of the New Topic page, just above the posting form.
For instance, if you click the New Topic button on this page, you will see:
    Zugg Software Forums -> zMUD General Discussion

Most scripts in this forum are written for Command Line entry.
Don't even open the Settings Editor unless its use is specified or obvious.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: