Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
melodyb
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:43 pm   

Location has a Refnum of 0 and isn't working correctly on map.

I've had something odd with a key room on my map. It was the first room I put on but I then merged others with it as I used the mapper.

It now won't work properly and when I looked in the database it has a refnum of 0 instead of the correct room number.

I can't edit the database can I? Any suggestions?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:31 pm   

First use the MapConvert utility to repair the DB and get rid of any possible causes of the problem. After that, go to the room and use the magnifying glass to cause CMud to update the info for that room.
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:50 pm   

I already ran the repair from the Mapconvert on it and I have just done it again but it's still the same. What is the magnifying glass you refer to? I haven't come across that.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:28 pm   

its a button on the map that does the #LOOK command
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:37 pm   

Hmm.. can't see it but will keep looking. I deleted the room and recreated it and all the links. Seems to work so far but I did that once before and then it went odd again.
Anaristos
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:35 am   

On the mapper menu click on Actions|Look (reload room info). Make sure you are in Map mode, it won't work on Follow. You may have to re-check the boxes for the room in the Room Properties page of the Properties dialog box. Check Reload Room Name, Reload Room Description, Reload Exits. The mapper will reset all the checks except Reload Room Description when it successfully updates the VNum (RefNum).
NOTE: If you check the above-mentioned boxes and then in Map mode walk in the room, the mapper should issue the Look for you. You may have to do this more than once for it to work. You should wait a reasonable amount of time before you declare a failure because the mapper trigger doesn't fire immediately at times.
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:51 am   

Ok I will try that and see if it works. Thank you for your detailed explanation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: