Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
tekky
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:40 pm   

Anyone found a good source of 64bit DLL's for Postgres?

I wasnt having any luck last night finding some, so thought I'd post to see if anyone else has maybe already had better luck?

If not I suppose I'll go with MySQL.... I'd really love to see CouchDB support (but I suppose it would be a bit difficult since its a NoSQL db)
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:15 pm   

If you are trying to use that with the SQL support in CMUD I don't think a 64bit DLL will work. I think the ZeosLib library that CMUD uses for SQL database connections only works with 32bit libraries. Then again, it's not something I have actually tested.

And yes, CMUD can only support SQL databases. But again, since CMUD uses the ZeosLib library, you can always try to convince them to add support. My guess is that it's impossible, but you never know.
tekky
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:18 pm   

ohhh hrm I didnt think about that, you dont release 64bit installs right? (wish you made a Mac port :P) -- One of the only apps I have installed in my windows VM for testing my web stuff... CMUD for mudding :P
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:22 pm   

Nope, the current version of Delphi only does 32-bit and not 64-bit applications. I believe they are working on a 64-bit compiler (might be in Beta) but the problem with it will be that it will also include all of the Unicode changes that were added in Delphi 2009/2010 and my latest experience with this was very bad. So at this point I have no plans for a 64-bit version. Delphi 2007 seems to be the last version of Delphi that I'll be able to use for CMUD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: