Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Sutex-Kindred
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:48 am   

multi session best way ?

At the moment I have 3 char and I connect them one at a time , they all connect to the same mud using different passwords, with their own session.
If I tried to save the session , as a Super session , then only one password is been used for all three windows that connect.
I have been reading about this, yet can't seem to get it working right. I believe , this was one of the main reason , my original files where corrupted. Me stuffing up the super save session.
I have now started again from scratch, since I'm now using win 7 and the latest Cmud.
Question What is the best why to set up a Super session, that keeps passwords separated ?
I have 3 main character windows, plus 3 windows to capture group chat and clan messages.
GURU

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:26 pm   

what it is, is you make 3 sessions and one super layout (i think, i always run separate instances myself)
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:45 pm   one super layout

hi .. shalimar
shalimar wrote:
what it is, is you make 3 sessions and one super layout (i think, i always run separate instances myself)

"one super layout" Is that done though the layout tab, "Save session layout" ?, ...And does it matter which window is highlighted (active), when you choose.
Or something else ?
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:02 pm   

You create a separate session for each login. Then you create a new session, load all of the others into it, lay it out as you desire, and save it. Opening that supersession will then automatically open all of the loaded sessions.
Sutex-Kindred
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:24 pm   

This bit load all of the others into it.. .Do you mean make a session that would connect to my mud. ( that's a yes, I assume) , but the part of loading my other windows (characters), into it ..um . lost me.
Now I think you mean the pkg. , but as I said above, I'm not doing that right so I have corrupted my super-session before.
Thanks for your help . can tell me all the steps , that would be good.
This is what I take it you mean now, add the pkg's ,via the edit on the session tab , to my new session that was just created. Do I have that right.
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:25 pm   

No, I mean you go to File|Open Session. You pick one of the sessions you want to load. Then you repeat for each of the other sessions. Arrange the windows the way you want. Make sure the session layout gets saved, and you are done.
Sutex-Kindred
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:32 am   bring active chat window to the front

ok That's what I'm doing now . loading each session one at a time.
So the super session is just a bad idea then. as you can't get the passwords to worked. So the way we are both loading multi session, is the best way. cool thanks for that.

On the multi session topic.
My layout, all three character widows are visible , so I don't need them to get my attention, but there are three Chat tabs, So only one Chat window, is ever visible at one time.
When a message is received, how to bring that Chat window to the front. and only that window.?
Also the save layout . does it matter which window is active , when you save. ?
GURU

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:08 am   

1)I believe the Bring to Front window with activity preference is specific to that window. Check it for each of the three chat windows and this should get you what you want.

2)it's not supposed to matter.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:19 am   

Thanks .
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: