Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Iceman68

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:14 pm   

CMUD 2.37

Hi,

For some reason my CMUD 2.37 stopped working tonight and just refuses to play.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling without any success.

I even tried downloading a trial version of 3.33 as I would be happy to upgrade, but i keep getting violation errors on this version.

Operating system is Windows Vista 64bit

Grateful for any advice?
hadar
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:29 am   

sense it is vista make sure you are running the program as admin and make sure you install in the directory it tells you to when you are installing other than that i would know know what it is
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:04 pm   

Sounds like some other software on your computer got updated that is messing with the CMUD copy protection. Check your anti-virus software or any network security software that you might have.

I doubt v3.33 will work any differently than 2.37 in this regard. If you get an error before you see the CMUD Splash Screen, then it's some other software on your computer that is interfering.

I'm assuming you have already tried rebooting the computer? Even I forget to try that sometimes.

And any reason you are still using Vista instead of Windows 7? I feel sorry for anybody still stuck using Vista.
vortis
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:30 pm   

I recently moved version/OS and had a storm of errors.
TO: 3.33 running on Windows 7 64-Bit Ultimate

Have you renamed/deleted your CMUD directory in your my documents folder?

I ran into a crapload of 3.33 violation errors, some of which kept CMUD from even launching past the splash screen, most of which were caused (from what I can tell) by my layout files, and some from my packages that were being loaded, even after a reinstall.

My packages and files came from a Windows XP 32-bit machine, so it sounds like your issue may not be related, but in case it helps someone, here's what I did.

I removed the CMUD application, renamed 'CMUD' to 'OldCMUD' in the 'My Docs\My Games\' folder, then reinstalled the CMUD application (3.33), launched CMUD, and let it rebuild the my docs folder.
Then I created each session from scratch.

I also found lots of issues with just copying the package files back in, so what I did was created new packages for my sessions, then opened the old package in the session, copied the triggers/aliases/etc from the old package into the new package, and removed the old package from the session and they started working properly.

Hope it helps...somebody.
vortis
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:46 pm   

Oh, Side note, when you copy in toolbar buttons from old packages into new ones, 90% of the time you will need to re-select the background color for the button and re-select 'auto size' and 'auto position' checkboxes cause it stacks all the buttons on top of each other until you re-sort them out. After that they worked perfectly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: