Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
vortis
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:32 pm   

[3.33a] CMUD minimizing - Does not return unless you utilize Task manager

When I minimize CMUD and let it run for a while, it stops coming back when I click CMUD on the taskbar. I have to launch Task Manager, select the CMud application (not process) and click 'Switch to'

I have also found that when I click on CMUD, the status window DOES return to the foreground, but the main CMUD window does not.

Also, ALT-Tab and Windows-Tab keyboard shortcuts will tab to CMUD, but when alt is released CMUD does not show up, even if I minimize all other running programs. CMUD simply does not leave the minimized state unless I utilize Task Manager with the method stated above.
Shezmu
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:52 am   

You may need to provide a lot more information. What OS are you running? Are you having any other problems with other software, especially anything that maintains a continuous connection?

Do you see any memory leaks when CMud is running minimized?
vortis
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:08 pm   

Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. I have not had this issue on my other computer Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

I am having no issues with other software behaving in this manner. This includes VPN client, Cisco IP softphone, RDP, etc.

CMUD doesn't appear to be leaking memory or utilizing any noticable CPU during this, it simply does not return to fullscreen until I go into task manager and ust the 'Switch To' button.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:57 pm   

I am not able to reproduce this on my Win 7 computer here. Do you have any other software that is modifying windows in any way, such as virtual screen software (for multiple monitors), or anything related to the window theme, such as Window Blinds?
vortis
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:04 pm   

I do not have any such software running, no. I use the default themes and haven't modified them. I do not use any special screensaver, sleep mode, or hibernation. The only multiple monitors I have are the default windows multiple monitor built-in drivers. I utilize CMUD on my right-hand monitor (secondary).

I will try moving CMUD to the main screen and see if the issue replicates and let you know.
Shezmu
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:38 am   

I know these are silly questions, but it doesn't hurt to ask: any other windows open, like the Package Editor or Help window? Do you have CMud opening any other applications or files?
vortis
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:47 am   

It occurs with the status window unpinned, pinned, or closed. it occurs with the editor window open, and when closed. I do not launch any other applications with CMUD.

I have noticed a new issue where I click the icon for CMUD, and it takes about 1 minute to launch the CMUD splash screen. This did not used to happen so I may try removing/reinstalling CMUD to see if it changed behavior.

Also, I get a CMUD error with one of the session files when I launch CMUD, splash screen loads, and then I get my list of characters and sessions. The error occurs before I pick a character. it tells me that it cannot open the varhale.zfg file. It says it is open by another application. I delete the .zfg file and it creates a new one just fine. later on when I launch CMUD again, i get the same error.

I built my packages from scratch in 3.33a and didn't import anything from my bugs in 2.37. I creted all new buttons and triggers and to be frank, I don't know wnough about CMUD's power to do anything fancy. all I do is set variables and use some IF functions and create general buttons. I don't do any database functions or anything like that, although i'd like to learn how to at some point, but I am getting off track.

Does that info help? I don't have the actual error message contents, but I will capture them next time I see the error, which should be tomorrow.
vortis
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:48 am   

Also, I found this issue occurs even if CMUD is on the left monitor.
vortis
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:01 pm   

It seems to occur specifically after i lock and unlock my computer (WindowsKey +L) or ctrl-alt-del->lock computer
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:24 pm   

Quote:
It seems to occur specifically after i lock and unlock my computer (WindowsKey +L) or ctrl-alt-del->lock computer

Ah, thanks for that additional info. Yes, there has been a long time issue with the Windows Lock function. I have never been able to reproduce this on any of my computers here, but several people have reported this problem in the past. We were never able to determine why it fails on some computers but not others.
bothkill
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:35 pm   

Wow, that was it!
I've been running CMUD both at home and at work and never understood why CMUD didn't return from taskbar only at work.
The difference was indeed the locking (due to the general policy of locking + screensaving after 15 mins of inactivity)
Good thing Vortis for pointing that out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: