Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
redryn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:33 am   

[Q] Unmatched parenthesis error

I'm getting an unmatched parenthesis error on this line:

Any idea why? I've triple counted them and they definitely match up. No issue with the rest of the script, because i can paste this line into a new blank alias and get the same error.

#SHOW %if( @sqlmobsearchtemp.Item("mob_name")!=%null, %ansi( grey)Name~: %ansi( white) %format("&-25s", @sqlmobsearchtemp.Item("mob_name")))

(The red ones are not matched. the others are as will be highlighted if i click on them in the syntax editor.)
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:42 am   

Try making use of %concat maybe?
Wouldn't it be cleaner to do:

#IF (@sqlmobsearchtemp.Item("mob_name")) {#SHOW {%ansi( grey)Name~: %ansi( white) %format("&-25s", @sqlmobsearchtemp.Item("mob_name"))}}

Sometimes it gets confused on long indexed variables... perhaps try: @{sqlmobsearchtemp.Item("mob_name")}
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:41 pm   

Redryn, show us the entire script. Most likely the problem is due to something before this line which was not closed off properly.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:31 pm   

Actually, seems to be some sort of bug because there should be no reason for the ) at the end of "mob_name" to not close out the Item(. Suggested to take this route instead:

Code:
$Mob_name=@sqlmobsearchtemp.Item("mob_name")
#SHOW %if($Mob_name, %concat( %ansi( grey), "Name: ", %ansi( white), " ",%format( "&-25s", $Mob_name)))
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:35 pm   

No, I've seen exactly this error come up because of an unclosed expression earlier in the script. We need to see the script.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:30 pm   

As right as you may be, he changed it to the above (he's currently banned from updating posts for some reason), and it worked perfectly.

Furthermore, if you put just that expression (his original) in a blank setting (create a new alias, for instance), you'll see it has nothing to do with anything other than that particular line. It's treating the closing ) for Item as a string instead of a closing ). Try it out and you'll see what I mean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: