Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zeius
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:22 pm   

confusing cmud window system

cMUD opens with an untitled black window on back of the sessions windows.
this is really not nice and no sense

when i want to close my multi-window mud, I assume to close simply the main window (like zMUD)
but in cMUD this not happens and the other 2 windows stay opened until I directly close them
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:06 pm   

The untitled window allows people to play with scripts, edit settings, etc without opening a MUD session...it's the same as pressing ESC in zMUD. In fact, in zMUD the untitled screen is also there, it's just not visible until you press ESC.

It's really just like MS Word opening a blank document when you first run it, or Excel opening a blank spreadsheet. Even though it's different than how zMUD worked, it's actually how most people expect software to work. And the untitled window goes away as soon as you select a session icon, so it shouldn't really be something that you need to mess with.

As far as the multi-window stuff, if you close your primary session window, then the other 2 windows should close also (at least they do for me). You just need to be sure to close the primary window and not a secondary window. Maybe you can post more details about how your multiple windows are defined (are they in separate packages, or within your main session package?, or are you opening multiple sessions). CMUD has a lot more flexibility in how you can use multiple windows and multiple sessions, and with this new flexibility it can be a bit confusing sometimes since there are several ways to accomplish multiple windows.
Zeius
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:30 pm   

ok! got it, never thought about that possibility in the untitled window

as far as the multiwindow point... such session is imported from zMUD 7.21 (cMUD create 3 different packages)
and I'm not sure how it "understands" which one is the main, but I'm even quite sure that cMUD 1.32 threated
this thing correctly...
on the other side, how can I force a window to be considered tha main one?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: