Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2
Fergal1982 Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:18 pm
Capturing Text to another window
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:52 am   

In the preferences Script Parser section, turn on the option to use wilcards in {} patterns. Then set your pattern to
^{%w|}%w tells you, ~"

This will allow 1 or 2 words to be valid.
Atreides_096
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:38 pm   

Another thing you can do is create a stringlist variable with NPC names. To do this, create a variable, we'll say "npclist". Then an alias:

Code:
#al {npcadd} {#VAR NPC_list %additem( %prompt( "", "Enter the name of the NPC you wish to exclude from captures") , @NPC_List)}

Now, either manually edit the variable, or type "npcadd" to add npc names. Then in the capture, integrate:

Code:
#if { %ismember( %1, @npc_list)} {} {Capture Stuff Here}

Unfortunately, the code you received before mine is a bit different than I code (and quite likely more effective).. so I don't want to try to give you the entire setup incorrectly. Perhaps Ton would be so kind as to integrate this system into what he gave you (if you're interested).

The advantage of this is that it allows you to strip NPC input even in the case where it's a straight tell from an NPC, as opposed to (and including) the situation you listed. The disadvantage is that with too many NPCs, the variable can become huge and (theoretically) be very slow, if you're on a slow computer.

If you leave the ^ symbol in, and use the setup given to you by ton to allow for 1 or 2 prefix words in addition to the name, for each NPC you'd likely need to add the last 1, 2, and 3 (as 3 seperate entries, 1-word, 2-word, and 3-word) words of their names so it omits all occurances. (removing the ^ symbol, you'd want to just add their last name). I believe the %ismember command is case-sensitive as well...
Fergal1982
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:43 pm   

sorry to dredge up an old old thread here. I've been using this successfully for a while now, but i have a question. Can i set the tells to be recorded in the logs even though im gagging them?
Odoth
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:59 pm   

Heh, yeah I just had a thread about this (was trying to do the same thing). Under View, Preferences, General, Logging, deselect "Log after triggers."
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:07 am   

thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: