Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
moonwlf
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:28 am   

[1.18] Creating a new window

When creating a new window from within the package editor seems to enable all visible packages automatically in the list of enabled packages for that window.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:23 am   

Indeed. Possibly deliberate now that we have more control over what can see published modules?

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
moonwlf
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:45 pm   

I noticed this a while ago just never posted a bug report as I thought it may be related so some other settings bugs a few versions ago. It could be designed that way. You could have all settings enabled by default or disabled.

I would prefer disabled as not all modules are enabled for every window. I think it would be better to choose which modules are enabled for new windows then having to go through and uncheck all but the ones you need for every window you create.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:56 pm   

That's how it works currenty, moonwlf. The list associated with the window is a list of packages that're visible for that window. This is completely independant of module publication - if a package is enabled for a window, but all the modules in that package are Local Only, then the window still can't see anything inside that package. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to enable them all by default, because disabling them on that list is a way of overriding the module publication settings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: