Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Aillas

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:58 pm   

difficulty logging to 1 mud

I hope someone can help with an unusual problem I have. I recently had to change computers because of crashing problems. My version of Zmud with the old computer worked with all the muds I logged onto.

On getting my new computer I downloaded the latest version of zmud. I could log on to my old characters on all the muds apart from one....

For some unfathomable reason I cannot log onto enigma.dune.net port 8080 with my new computer. I get the first line: “Connected to host enigma.dune.net” then it beeps and I get the disconnect box telling me the MUD crashed, network went down, or modem disconnected or call waiting feature caused it.

It isnt because the mud/server is down because my old crashy computer can still log on!! The brand spanking new one cant, yet can log on all the other muds. I am sure this must be zmud related or my old version wouldn’t work. Help please.

Aillas
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:21 pm   

Try a couple of things.

I guess the first is to check your firewalls.

Then try to see if you can telnet to that mud from your new computer. This basically eliminates any connectivity issues and confirms if it's an issue with zMUD.

If it is, edit the session properties for the MUD. Press the lookup button to have zMUD confirm the IP address. Make sure the port information is specified correct. Try to the MUD within zMUD. After that try logging on to you MUD.

Also as a final test you can create a new session to that MUD and try manually logging in. It will help identify if it's a generic problem or just a problem with that one MUD session.

I hope that helps.
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:39 pm   

What version of Zmud? What version of Windows, If it is Vista read some of the sticky topics in this forum
Aillas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:27 am   

I turned off the firewall. It made no difference :(

I then tried to log on with telnet. I got connecting with enigma.dune.net and a single line message press a key. I did so and got connection to host lost after it cleared the screen of the previous lines of text.

A friend continues to log with zmud and has no problems.

What session properties do I need to change, and are these in preferences?

Aillas
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: