Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Turtlemell
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:51 pm   

Mapping Confis for Lusternia?

I map fine most of the time. My issue is that while in follow mode the map will follow one room and then no more. I set current position and try again.. and repeat.. it will move one room and stop.

I think the problem might lie within the fact that in Lusternia the first sentance of the description is usually saying whether the room is forested or tainted ..such as : "Superimposed over this location, an ethereal forest reaches up to the sky."

I don't have any problem like this in Aetolia. Have searched the forums. I'm not very good at understanding how to tag etc.. I read some direction on that but when I read say.. #tag the room name to be current line.. I dont know how to know what 'line' I am currently on. Embarrassing.

I've also tried entering some setting I've seen people post for Achaea, with no luck.

Anyone care to share the general configurations they use in Lusternia?
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:53 pm   

There are various methods of solving your map not following you. The question is what are you expecting the map to do exactly? Yes that sounds silly but here are some examples.

When I type a direction in I expect the map to go in that direction even if something stops me from actually entering the next room.

When I type a direction I expect the map to look and see if the room name is the same as the room I have mapped already and to NOT go into the room if the names don’t match.

When I type a direction and the name matches what I already have mapped but the description does not match I do NOT want the map to follow me into the room.

When I type a direction and I actually manage to get into the next room and the name matches I want the map to follow me even if the description does not match.

There is a big LONG list of these that you can do.

I personally want the map to follow me no matter if I actually make it into the room and I don’t care if anything matches.

SO I just set the speedwalking mode to FAST.

I don't play Lusteria but the muds I DO play on add extrenious text.
Turtlemell
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:12 pm   

Well, I would like the map to follow my movements, and accuratly represent where I am. If the description happens to be different, I still want the map to follow me there. If my current location has an exit north and I move north, I would like it to trust me a little and go north with me (because maybe that room wasnt mapped correctly etc)

However, I would prefer it to try to match the room names so that I can usually find where I am on the map. For example if my map is closed and I'm wandering and want some help.. I should be able to open the mapper and have it find me. That is something none of my maps have been great at.

So for starters.. I want it to at least follow me. The configurations should be good enough to understand the correct room name, even though descriptions change. So I can find myself when needed.

I dont mind turning weather details off. But, regarding what I said about the rooms being either "forested' or "tainted", these are relevant and I shouldnt gag it or anything. If it helps.. they show in color on their own. Forested text is in green. Tainted is in red. Perhaps I can tell the mapper to ignore those two lines of text?

Concerning your comment that you set speedwalk to fast.. I didnt realized those settings effect basic following mode.. I will try playing with those while I wait for more help
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:45 am   

You can tell the lines to not match. The command for that is #nomap You use that command pretty much the same as you would for the #tag Roomname.
So if your forested text was all on a single line and always the same thing you could do this.

^This place is fill with a spiritual forest.$
#nomap

If the forest is two lines you would need to use a multi state trigger with #nomap in each value.

What I ment by following when I move even if I do not make it into the room. If I enter an N when I am in Fast mode if there is an exit north my dot moves north.

The different modes handle this differently.

The first one is easier to understand. The second one is written by Zugg.

http://forums.zuggsoft.com/modules/mx_kb/kb.php?page=3&mode=doc&k=36

http://www.zuggsoft.com/library/speedwalking.htm
Fatal_Exception

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:25 am   

You could also set the mapper to match room name, instead of the first line of the description. That is what I use, although I don't use speedwalking, so I don't know what effect it has on that.
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:41 pm   

Also make sure the Prompt Pattern in your mapper config is set correctly
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:23 pm   

For 10 Lusternia credits, I sell an automapper script and config file. It allows mapping and proper tracking.

http://larkin.dischai.googlepages.com/lusternia
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: