Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Turtlemell
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:41 am   

Help- My mapper won't even open!

I've been trying to figure this out for a couple hours now.. most of it spent on the verge of tears.

I did something wrong with my mapper and I cant figure out what. I play in 3 IRE's. I have been mapping alot in Aetolia. Tonight I decided to spend some time in Lusternia and started mapping a bit. Was having trouble with config there (as I always have) so I tried a few things with importing configs from my aetolia files. Something went terribly wrong and for about an hour I thought I had lost all my maps. I have finially tracked down the file I want to open with my Aetolia settings (had to open a few in Achaea to find it)

Now.. I click the automapper button while in Aetolia and I can even get one to open.. I get this error :

"C:/zMUD/AetoliatheMidnightAge/Aetolia/aetoliaMap.mdb' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides

After I click OK, I get a little meggae box called "conversion progress" it show that it is trying to create the file above.. it never gets anywhere though.

I have search the forums no no avail. I did see refence to a zone utility, but I search that and get nada. Follow a link to it and its a dead one.

Anyone know what zmus is looking for, to open? I thought about just renaming the file I want, to what its looking for.. but erm.. I dont even have that last folder in the path. the only folders inside the aetoliatheMightnightAge are, DB, Sounds, and Images. Maybe I can tell zmus to look elsewhere, but I've no clue how to do that

Hope someone can help, as I sit here and try not to cry or scream or make kindling out of my desk
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:40 pm   

Create the Aetolia folder in AetoliatheMidnightAge and if you have a valid map database for Aetolia put it in there and call it aetoliaMap.mdb and that should sort you out.

As for the zone utility it is now available as a download from the main downloads section of this site.
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:35 pm   

I cannot thank you enough.
I got that to work. I considered something similar on my own, but thought it best to wait. Really curious how it happened, but so relived to have my maps back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: