Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
lupusfatalis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:47 am   

Could someone please give me a hand with these two things...

Alright, the first and formost. The mud I play on doesn't have a typical prompt. It just uses a single > followed by a space.

However, sometimes this appears on lines that I would otherwise have triggers on... And well, it messes up all of my triggers. My mapping, etc... Basically, what I'm trying to figure out how to do is somehow remove those two characters from the beginning of all lines.

ie a line looking like this:
> You say (OOC),'god this prompt is <annoying> sometimes.'

I'd like interpretted by triggers, mapper, etc... as:
You say (OOC),'god this prompt is <annoying> sometimes.'

Of course this isn't a vital example, but cosidering I want it to work for everything I think its fine.

Note, sometimes <> are contained in areas where its important to have them.

My second question is... I've been playing around with the mapper for a long time, and I got almost everything configured as I want. But I cannot seem to find any means of triggering something to change the level that I am mapping on. Considering the area I am maping is quite extensive and 3D... A 2D map really doesn't suffice. And when we are talking thousands of rooms a manual approach is tediuous to say the least.

Thanks alot folks!
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:27 am   

#TR {^> } {#SUB {}}
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:38 am   

#TRIGGER {^~> } {#PSUB "" 0 1} "" {nocr|prompt}

* Edit: Shalimar beat me to it while I was doing some testing, try his first it's simpler and only try mine if his doesn't work *
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:42 am   

The level should automatically change as you use the up and down directions, usually u and d for short, make sure they haven't become disabled for some reason.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:35 am   

Thanks alot this is wonderful

Now, the issue with the changing of levels is... its not necessarily u/d that I'm travelling... Ie UD is a cave system... I could travel northwest and it will be northwest and down a level, etc... but its not necessarily northwest is always down, etc... I'll get a message when I think I've changed levels saying something like...
You think your on the same level.
you think your deeper.
etc...
I'd give the exact things, but they don't matter, I can trigger, I just don't know *what* to trigger...
thanks again guys!
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:17 pm   

#TRIGGER {you think your deeper.} {#IF (%maplocked) {#MOVE d} {#MAKEROOM d}}

This assumes that on your mud there are two rooms, one for whatever direction you went and another one down, it may be that even if this is not the case and there is only one room that the mapper will still respond correctly, two rooms will be created but you'll not have a link between the two, the first room will correspond to the cardinal direction you went and the second room will be below it from the forced creation or move.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:37 pm   

Ah, much thanks
... Now, about your previous response, it works some of the time, but I think the problem I'm running into is that trigger doesn't always fire FIRST. IE, here is a typical issue.

#TRIGGER {^~> } {#PRI {#PSUB "" 0 1}} "" {prompt}

#TRIGGER {^%1~:(%s)({Unskilled|A Tyro|A Novice|A Beginner|Poor|Not Very Good|Below Average|Average|Above Average|Able|Fair|Proficient|Good|Adroit|Very Good|Excellent|An Expert|Superb|A Master|One of the Best|An Adept|One of the Very Best|A High Master|Second to None|A Virtuoso|Legendary|As Good As Any Who Ever Lived})~.$} {@temp_varY = %subchar( "%1", " -#'", "___");#SUB {%1~:%2 %3 ~[@{@temp_varY}~]}} "Skills"

Now, the substituted values I recieve from the second trigger are supposed to look like:
daring: Poor [42]

but sometimes I get something like this:
offensive: Poor []

Now, this is because the trigger removing "> " did so after the trigger to insert the numerical values. Is there some way I can make this trigger the FIRST trigger zmud always checks?

Oh, and I had to make it trigger on newline else I would sometimes end up with stuff like this:

Average.
daring: Poor [42]
Average.
> offensive: Poor []

thanks again
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:34 pm   

Aside from using #PRIORITY as you have done if the triggers are grouped in a class you can drag the required trigger to the top of the list in much the same way as you would drag it to another class, both of these should allow it to always act first.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:46 pm   

The triggers that rely on this removal are all in different classes. This trigger isn't in any class. I tried making a class that was above the others in the list and putting it in there, but that didn't work either. Is there anything else I can do to first it to run first? Basically, I'd want that trigger to comb all data comming from the mud, then my other triggers can run as they were.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:01 pm   

1)use multi-state triggers
2)enable/disable the other triggers

Aside from what's already been mentioned, those are the only two other options.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: