Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Space_Pilot
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:18 pm   

My gauge is gone...or is it?

So, I wanted to see my hp and sp in a better way, so wanted to create gauges. Easier said than done, and after a couple of minutes I had a hp gauge.

Happy like never before, I created a sp gauge, and when pressing save, my hp gauge disappeared(from the menu "buttons"). Now, this isn't a problem you all say. I ain't finished, will be my answer.

The strange part is that my gauge is still there, even working. It is like someone took my hp gauge, and hidden it for me, since I can't see it in my button menu.

Now, I want to edit it, but I can't since I can't find the settings for it. Quite strange I say. :/
Vitae
Enchanter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:58 pm   

check the gauge settings and make sure that they aren't overlapping.
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:12 pm   

Overlapping?
I can only see the settings for my sp gauge. Changing the setting in my sp guage only changes the looks of the sp gauge.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:26 pm   

as in, you might have two gauges or buttons occupying the same bit of toolbar space
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:41 pm   

shalimar wrote:
as in, you might have two gauges or buttons occupying the same bit of toolbar space

I think you misunderstood my problem. I cansee my two buttons representing hp and sp, they are there. Nothing is behind them, since they work like flawless. The problem is when I press "buttons" on the top, entering the menu where I see all my setting for the buttons I have.

In there, I have one button called sp, nothing else(except a couple that I created today). Where is the settings for my hp button? It is working, so it must be somewhere, but I just can't find it.

What I want to do is add hp/maxhp into my gauge, so that I have better control of it, but it is quite hard to do that, since I can find the settings for my gauge.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:55 pm   

if you can see the button before entering the settings, the quickest way to pull up those settings it to 'right click' on the button itself
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:11 pm   

shalimar wrote:
if you can see the button before entering the settings, the quickest way to pull up those settings it to 'right click' on the button itself

Right-clicking my hp gauge enters my sp gauge. My guesses is that it enters the button that is closest to the top in the button menu. So, like I said, the settings doesn't exist.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:09 pm   

that technique SHOULD open whichever button you clicked... i have no idea why it doesnt for you
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:33 pm   

Is this a bug that no one have found yet? I have still not been able to remove my gauge. My hp gauge is there, I right-click, and see the config for my sp gauge. There is no hp gauge config, and it pisses me of, since I have worked with my zmud looks for a while, and that gauge is the only thing that is keeping me back from finishing it(not everything, but alot).
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:17 pm   

sounds a lot like a corrupted setting. Do you recall any error messages happening (whether ZMud crashed or not) before you noticed this happening?

To fix this, you'll probably have to resort to the Migration Guide, which is found on the Support page under ZMud Support I believe (it's on the same page as the links for the MXP and other control code specs).
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:22 pm   

No, zmud have never crashed for me, no error message, nothing strange at all. I will see what I can do with the migration guide. But I don't want to remove any triggers, variables etc. Not sure if I can patch it together later on.
eironia
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:20 am   

I have this problem too, with two blank gauges I must have goofed somehow. I right click on them and it takes me to a random folder in the settings that has nothing to do with them. I deleted every class, button, trigger, alias, macro - everything, and right click on it, and it brings me to a blank window in the settings file, where my only option is save and close.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Zmud and everything is gone, save those two guages that muddy my screen and taunt me, like Poe's Raven. I didn't see anything in the migration guide that looked like it applied, but I am rather clueless about these things.

I am no help, but I feel your pain. Sad

edit: Since I'd backed up all my scripts and such, I just did a #KILLALL and now they are gone to mock me no more. Just have to toss 'em all back in now. But the errant guages are gone! Twisted Evil
Full Throttle
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:11 am   

A gauge is a special type of button. so if the id is "hp" then try

#unbutton hp

to delete the guage, then recreate it.

Or list all buttons by typing

#button

then type

#unbutton [number]

to delete a specified button, then recreate it.
Space_Pilot
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:22 am   

Full Throttle:

I tried #unbutton hp, but it didn't work. My guess is that the button is nameless, hence the disappearing. Also tried #button which listed all my buttons, except my spand hp button. THe strange part is t hat my sp button is working correctly.
Full Throttle
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:40 am   

You could add an id to each visible button then type

#unbutton %null

to delete the blank button.

If that doesn't work, then you going to have to follow MattLofton's advice.

Migration Guide - Fixing Corrupt Settings Files:
http://www.zuggsoft.com/page.php?file=zmud/migrating.htm
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:15 pm   

Maybe not. #UNBUTTON should work with button numbers. If it's nameless, you might be able to use that instead.

The Migration Guide is safer, certainly, as I'm not entirely sure if numbers are assigned to core zmud buttons such as Settings, Mapper, Triggers, DB, Prefs, etc. Those still appear in a Settings file (system-provided, though, not user-created) and accidentally deleting these would be A Bad Thing(tm).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: