Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Demenshia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:11 pm   

Code LP5, Zmud 7.21 fails to start

I upgraded from 7.13 to 7.20 and sometimes it started, sometimes it would not with this error:

"Error while unpacking program, code LP5. Please report to the author."

I then tried to install 7.21 ontop of it and still the error persist.. sometimes a few hours later the program will start fine. I'm at a loss for whats wrong.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:35 pm   

I haven't seen this error before, but I'll try to find out what it means. It's an error from the new copy protection system.

But I need to know what version of Windows you are using.
Demenshia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:09 am   

Ok, as I said sometimes it works.. now it is other times it will not, and I have not rebooted my Windows XP Version is:

Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519 : Service Pack 2)

Thanks for looking at this for me.
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:43 pm   

Please contact me privately via email and reference this thread topic. According to the information I received from the copy protection company, this isn't something we can address on a public forum.
MUDIT

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:30 pm   LP5 error

I too received this error when trying to launch Zmud 7.21.
I had to redownload/reinstall it due to my new antivirus program apparently corrupting my original one.

Let me know what may be needed.
Thanks
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:20 am   

This error usually occurs when some other software is running on your computer that interfers with zMUD. You didn't mention what version of Windows you are using, but reboot Windows and try closing other applications. This error can also be caused by a virus on your computer, so be sure your new antivirus scanner is working. Although it's also possible that if your antivirus software is doing some sort of intrusive scanning of zMUD that it might be interferring with loading it into memory. But I haven't heard of any problem with the major antivirus software programs.
MUDIT

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:07 am   

What I was thinking...I actually installed new Antivirus/Antispyware program on my machine and after that zmud wouldnt run. The machine is just your typical WinXP SP2.

Any chance a list of zmud processes could be listed? I could exclude them from the AV/Spyware scanner. I'll post my findings...

Thanks
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:19 am   

Just the ZMUD.EXE process. There are two processes, one for ZMUD and another one for the copy protection, which has the same name. What Antivirus software is it? zMUD is tested with Norton, McAfee, and AVG (which is what I personally use), but if it's something more obscure, it's possible it somehow flags the copy protection as virus or something. zMUD uses a pretty common copy protection system, so this is doubtful, but possible. I know that many years ago both McAffee and FSecure had issues with eLicense.
MUDIT

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:01 am   

It's actually CA's ISS 2007. This is what I've found:

I used msconfig to disable everything CA, then uninstalled Zmud.
Rebooted (due to msconfig)
Installed Zmud.
Launched Zmud...it ran fine.
Added zmud.exe as well as other files (.dll's etc located in zmud root folder)
to the AV exclusions and the antispyware exclusions.

Started all CA services.
Tried to launch Zmud, got LP5 error.

Tried to go back and disable CA services, still could never launch Zmud.

.....still at it....
MUDIT

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:18 am   

When launching/running/installing Zmud, what files are accessed/written to the Temp folder?

Documents and Settings\(Owner/Administrator/LoggedinUser etc)\LocalSettings(hidden)\Temp.

I found all the following in that folder:
nsk5.tmp\system.dll
nsw2.tmp\system.dll
nsb1A.tmp\system.dll
nsl128.tmp\system.dll

I recall during my initial install of ZMUD(when the av/spyware scanner was on) that I got a popup about these. I clicked 'exclude' and the install finished without an error. Does Zmud create some sort of install/debug log when installing?
Aurorah

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:06 am   Error while unpacking program, code LP5. Please report to

Error while unpacking program, code LP5. Please report to author.

I am getting this error and cannot start my Zmud. My daughter reported that she installed "some upgrade or something" earlier this evening. Before I go to jail for wringing her neck (j/k) can someone please help? I am running win xp and have uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted ad nauseum, fiddled with spyware controls, run virus scans, etc.

Thank you so much for your help. Feel free to email me with any answers.

Aurorah Evil or Very Mad
Aurorah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:48 am   

Have also tried downloading CMud, but it doesn't work either because of this error. Do I have any hope of using Zuggsoft software to play my Mud ever again? I really really have loved using it.

Aurorah Sad
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:40 pm   

Please see the http://forums.zuggsoft.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=26043 topic for more information about this. It's an AOL problem and is currently out of my hands.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: