Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Woot20

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:36 am   

Database Help

Hello All.

I've created a database, complete with all the fields and tabs for Weapons, Armor, Jewerly, Items and Scrolls. Just enough to gather what I want.

I was also able to customize each tab so it only displayed certain fields. Such as a piece of armor doesn't need to show damage output like the weapons, ect.

However I'am having a problem. I enter an item and it goes into all categories. They obviously don't show armor class and stuff for a weapon, but all items get intered into each tab. So! I tried my darndest, without much experience and mild coding experience to filter the right things. I'am sure this is how you get only weapons to show in the weapons tab and so on.

Could anyone give me clear directions or a quick way of setting a filter to get what I'am after? I'am very close to doing it right, but when I think I have it right, some Items dissapear completely and all goes to hell and I just delete it. I'd really like to get this working so that each Item shows in the proper tabs correctly.

Sorry to go on and on, any help would be greatly appreciated. And I didn't understand the Sort part of the customizing the DB. I did read the manual but it explained more of the capturing text and adding it than what I'am after. So yes, any help please or a pointage to the right documents to be reading. Sorry so long, Thank You!

Woot
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: