Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
caveaht

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:57 pm   

Buying the softzor

My trial's run out and I'm ready to buy my copy, but I don't want to give my address, et cetera to get the key.
I'm planning to send payment by money order so I don't think it oughtta matter. Why can't you buy the software without a name and address?
Guinn
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:23 pm   

Because it's a sensible way to go about selling things online.
Could always pick up a hotmail account and fill in fake details if you're that bothered.
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:41 pm   

basically this information is specifically required for a number of reasons. Tax Purposes, Legal issues and fraud management among the top of the list. It protects you as the consumer as well as the vendor especially since most software includes some type of licensing agreement. If you buy it as BOB Ragu then the software is licensed for use by that person. As obviously you wouldnt be that person you wouldnt be authorized legally to even have a copy of the software beyond its trial point and would actually be using a key that wasnt yours.

However Vendors are also required to keep these things confidential unless authorized by the "customer" in any type of agreement. As such providing your name, address shouldnt be an issue for you at all. Especially since Money order sales would be handled by mail not by email or electronic means. Once again to protect the consumer and the vendor an address and name would be needed to properly route the information. It keeps many people from being defrauded.

This is the smart way to run a business. Selling to anonymous customers is rarely good practice and actually can be a very endangering practice. Rest assured its for everyones protection. Last i remember Zugg had no disclaimers regarding sales of information or its release in any way at all. So rest assured your information will stay confidential with him unless its needed due to law enforcement reasons or some other court ordered requirement.

One additional note to keep in mind is that CMUD is undergoing beta testing at the moment and currently a purchase of zMUD entitles you to a free copy of CMUD unless your pc just cant take it.
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:29 pm   

http://www.zuggsoft.com/page.php?file=zuggsoft/privacy.htm
Quote:

Will Zugg Software disclose information it collects to others?

Zugg Software has never sold, rented or traded personal information to others and will never do so in the future. Zugg Software will only partner with other companies that have strict policy statements. Zugg Software is committed to protecting your privacy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: