Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Woot20

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:22 am   

Question about #cap x x=window

A long while back, I attempted several times to capture different things and put them into Windows. It worked rather well. For instance, if I received an 'better' in a weapon, I used #cap (Better). It would make a tab and it worked great, I would also have one for Tells ect..

After logging back into the character, the screen would spam hundreds of these windows where the tabs would be... I'am not sure if anyone has had this problem, but any info if It still exists or a work around so I can capture certain text to different windows would be great.

Thanks for anyones time and input. I've been cautious and havn't made any triggers like that for a good couple years.

Any thoughts? :)
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:34 pm   

Perhaps [x] close all the windows and save your layout to avoid all those little windows? Sounds like you have a bad capture trigger which is causing a bunch of text to be sent to different windows.

Careful how you use #CAP. Maybe use #CAP Better and not some variable or different text from the trigger.

#cap and #win will always recreate a window if it has been closed. Piping text with :windowname: only works if the window exists.
Woot20

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:14 am   Alrightys Hmm

Duplicate Post.

Last edited by Woot20 on Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Woot20

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:17 am   Alrightys Hmm

I had triggers to capture different things into windows.

For instance, if someone sent me a tell:

BobVilla tells you 'hey i can build you a deck for 103g'

I would use #trigger {(*) tells you '(*)'} {#cap (Tells)}

Then I would make one for betters in weapons/skills/spells ect ect. This worked well until a certain day when I would start up my game and the windows would spam like crazy at the top adding the same window 1k times.

I have my window at a fullscreen view so the Menu:Options only show up if I hover my mouse at the top and the layout is saved if that matters. Could you tell me if that's the correct syntax, or how you would save certain text to different windows? When the error hits, it spams very hard and usually corrupts my settings file so I'am not even gonna try it until I get a firm example.

Thanks for your answer about #win as well. And anymore input you could give me or anyone else. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: