Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
caveaht

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:46 am   

Crawling about up and down

If I crawl through an inobvious exit (not listed in the obvious exits of the room) the mapper isn't keeping up with me.
To make matters worse the rooms are on different levels.
The only way I could figure out to create the new room and link it properly was to manually create a room on level X, crawl down to level Y, set my position to the room I created, and reload the room description. Then, link the actual room on level X with the one I manually created, then move the created room down one level, place it under the room it's linked to, and edit it's properties to set the link in the right direction (up/down).
Gah, did that make sense?
Even with that done, the mapper still loses me when I crawl between the rooms. It works with just the "up" or "down" commands; it's "crawl down" that seems to be the killer.
Here is what it looks like, can anyone help?:

<100%hp 100%m 99%mv 4329tnl (17.54%)>
Beneath a Shaft
[Description...]
[Exits: west]

<100%hp 100%m 99%mv 4329tnl (17.54%)> crawl u
You crawl up through a narrow sewer shaft.
At the Edge of a Sewer Shaft
[Description...]
[Exits: south]
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:31 am   

When mapping, and you are going to use a non-standard exit, prefix it with the > character. Like:

>crawl down

zMUD will create a new room in a vacant space on the map and link it properly to the room you were in. You will then need to manually position the new room wherever you want it in your map. zMUD will remember the command you used for the non-standard exit, so that when you have the mapper following you and you speedwalk, it will send the proper command to get to that room. It will also be able to follow you into the correct room when you enter the "crawl down" command in the appropriate room.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: