Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Jim Wolf
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:41 am   

'Unknown' error

I recently tried running zMapper on one of my mud maps, and it had a critical error, and I had to end the process through the task manager. Now, every time I try to open a map in zMUD, the map load bar freezes and I get an 'Unknown' error.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled both zMUD and zMapper, as well as MDAC and Jet, though I don't know if zMUD still requires those. None of this has worked, and my maps are inaccessable. Can anyone help me?
Jim Wolf
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:14 pm   

Just a quick update. I reopened zMapper, and loaded on of the sample maps (temple.mdb). It starts to load, then I get

"Access violation at address 004D87D3 in module 'zMapper.exe'. Read of address 00000000"

I close that, and get the previously mentioned 'Unknown' error.

Trying to close zmapper at this point pops up another error:

"ZoneTbl: Cannot perform this action on a closed dataset."

I'm really stumped. I have reinstalled everything, upgraded to the latest versions, and nothing works. I'm getting desperate.
Jim Wolf
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:21 pm   

Quick update II

Just tried reopening the mud map that started all this (Discworld.mdb) and got this error:

"Access violation at address 1B066310 in module 'msjet40.dll'. Read of address 00000000."
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:05 pm   

It appears that you need to upgrade/fix your MS Jet database libraries and/or you have a corrupted map database. Do you have problems creating a new map database and manipulating that? If so, then the latter would be your problem. If not, the former is more likely the problem.
Jim Wolf
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:03 pm   

When I try to create a new map in zMapper, I get:

"in table-level validation expression."

Also, I can't open any maps, be it through zMapper OR zMUD. If this is a Jet/MDAC error, how do I fix it? I've downloaded and installed the newest versions of each, but still no luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: