Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Strakc
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:39 pm   

zMUD mapper

Didn't know where to put this, but i've having a proble moving from one room in a zone to another room in a different zone. I can get from a to b, on the map, but cant get from b to a on it, and I dont know why...
Istroath
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:53 pm   

you have probly made a link from zone a to zone b to a room that has the 2 dir exits one going back and one going nowere. deleteing the link to nowere well let the link going back to zone a work. if not then delete both links in zone a and b and relink them makeing shur there isnt a second same dir link in eather room going nowere.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:01 pm   

nope that doesn't work either, still same problem I can get from the first room to second but no in reverse
Rubix_Cube

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:24 am   

I've had trouble like this before. Usually I delete links between both rooms, and through room preferences, I create a new link, use the '#' in the upper right to insert the room number this link will go, then use the compass key on the left to direct the link (like how the mud has it, east or so) and with the compass key on the right to direct where it will end. I then use the blue arrow near the '#' to 'jump to room' and see if it all looks the same.
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:52 am   

Sometimes you get double exits in one room, with one connected and the other not. Delete the one that was left orphaned and the other one should start tracking correctly. That happens to me sometimes, depending on the area I'm mapping.
Iceclaw
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:07 am   

Does anyone have a script for detecting orphaned exits and removing them if there is already a corresponding correct link in the room?
Strakc
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:07 am   

well my problem is I've gone in an deleted exists going to the rooms and doe as rubix said several times and still get the same output, so I dont know whats up
Dodgester
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:19 am   

Not that I am aware of, but if you have MS ACCESS or some other way to use a SQL statement against the MDB file, then you can check out the "ExitTbl" with the following fields:

ExitId: The ID of the exit

ExitIdTo: If orphaned, value is -1

FromID is the room ID that it's linked from

ToID is the room id that it's linked to, if it is not orphaned. If it is orphaned, then it's the same as the room id that it's linked from.

DirType is the direction that is on the from side of the link, which is the same as the the "DirId" field of the "DirTbl" - 1.

DirToType is the direction that is on the to side of the link, which is the same as the "DirId" field of the "DirTbl" - 1. However, if this link is orphaned, then the value of this field is 11.

Sincerely,

Dodgester
Strakc
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:34 am   

ahaha it was my fault was a room over or two so it wasn't working cause it was the wrong room, i think I got it fixed now
Dodgester
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:04 am   

Yeah, I ran into that once, which I found relatively quickly. There's one of 2 things you can do, either delete the extra room, or stack and merge the 2 rooms, and then make your adjustments in either case.

Sincerely,

Dodgester
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: