Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
namorham

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:18 am   

Change room location in map from the command line

Is it possible?

One of the muds I play has a exit flag specifying an ascending or descending exit, and sends an appropriate message.

When mapping if I leave east and get the message

You ascend to the east <-- this isn't the actual text, but it IS constant

I'd like to be able to make the mapper create the new room east and up 1 level.

Thanks
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:46 am   

Currently it is not really possible. You could build something using a trigger for ascend/descend lines setting a variable, and onroomcreate clearing the variable and using #MENU to bring up the dialog to move the room.
Dodgester
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:12 pm   

Yeah, that would be kewl, to be able to control the access map file directly from zmud based on the mud's output as I also have had issues with the automapper not working properly. Of course, for one to do that, one would have to know how the map file is setup and what the various fields are for. Therefore, I have to really take my time mapping (Though not as long as having to do by hand, but still longer than just a simple matter of walking as fast as one can walk) cause as things happens, I still have to at times put in the room name, description, and modify the various exits. This generally happens more so cause of either certain things taking place on the mud sight such as the following output:

You are hungry.
You are thirsty.
The Grey Moon is ascending over the Great Mountains to the east.
<483hp 402m 593mv, opp: <none>, leader: 100%>North Dark trail
[Exits: east west]
You are walking on a small trail following the northern wall of Quebec
city.
<483hp 402m 593mv, opp: <none>, leader: 100%>

If that happens, then it puts in the hungry line as the room name and the thirsty line along with the moon line as the room description with no exits.

If you exclude the initial first 3 lines of the above output as well at the prompt stuff prior to the room name, then it will do the following:

Put in the proper room name, don't put in the description, and setup an exit only to the north.

I have tried using keyword, but that doesn't help it out any either.

Room Exits checkmarked
Exits Paragraph set to 0
Exits Start Line set to 1

All other checkboxes for Room Exits unchecked
Exit line keyword left blank (this is the item I attempted to use with or without the colon, and also, not sure of either or all 3 of the characters; colon, open square bracket, close square bracket, has something to do with interfering with the special characters or not.)

Sincerely,

Dodgester
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:43 am   

#NOMAP {^You are hungry.$}
#NOMAP {^You are thirsty.$}
#NOMAP {^The Grey Moon is ascending over the Great Mountains to the east.$}

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:12 am   

Vijilante wrote:
Currently it is not really possible. You could build something using a trigger for ascend/descend lines setting a variable, and onroomcreate clearing the variable and using #MENU to bring up the dialog to move the room.

I can use #Menu to bring the move dialog up, can I use it again to access the fields in the dialog? or do I need to find some arcane reference on how to do it with com? (the mechanics of com seem fine, it is finding the names/fields that leaves me stunned)
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:54 pm   

You can't fully automate it, so once the dialog box is open you need to manually shift the rooms. You could try moving it yourself via COM or ADO calls, but then you will discover that there's no easy way to tell if an existing room occupies that space or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: