Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Hamaro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:35 pm   

Gagging double captured text

I play on a mud where you can have two characters logged on at the same time. I have both characters set to capture all channels and sometimes like with global channels it gets doubled.

So the question is, is there any way to gag a second line if it was the exact same thing as before. Also, would there be anyway to put an (All) or something infront of the one line so that I know it was from both screens..

I think this has something to do with like an IF statement but I have no idea.
Thanks..

Sorry if this has been asked before, i looked around and didn't find it
Hamaro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:36 pm   

oh yeah, if it helps I have the newest version of zMud
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:37 pm   

The nifty way to do this doesn't exist. However, you could probably get something really close to that by using a variable (the following is kept in the settings file for the Tells window):

#variable LastTell {}
#trigger {(*)} {#if ("%1" = @LastTell) {#gag} {LastTell = "%1"}}

You can now then revert to a simple #capture/#window and it should gag the duplicates. I do expect there to be a few minor problems since this is a less-nifty way to do it, but there are alternatives that are no less nifty:

contained in the Tells window
#variable Tells {}

contained in your other windows
#trigger {(tell pattern)} {@Tells.Tells = %additem("%1", @Tells.Tells);:Tells:#clr;:tells:#forall @Tells {%i}}

The @Tells.Tells syntax in this case tells zmud to look in the Tells window for the @Tells variable (this only applies to regular variables and stringlists, but doesn't work with datarecord variables).
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:00 am   

First I suggest creating a seprate settings file for your tells, channels, whatevers window. This is done by making the child window using the #WINDOW command. You then configure that window to your liking; often people chose to turn off the status bar and command line, some chose to change the font or size. I personally do all those things and then start adding triggers, mine is just a small timestamping trigger since I don't want my main window to care about it. Such things are done by saving a settings file (either in the zMud folder or the mud specific subfolder) that has the window how you want it, and has a name matching your window. This file will automatically be checked for and if found loaded as the settings for that child window the next time it is opened. In your particular case you would want a trigger in your child window that checked %line2 against %line and preformed a #GAG if they are the same.
Hamaro

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:47 am   

thank you both for your help...

i had been wondering about that last thing you said too...since i have multiple characters and the triggers kinda just run themselves together and i don't want that..

thank you! :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: