Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
mercatroid
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:30 pm   

Settings Transfer 7.13->7.21

If I downloaded 7.21 on a new machine, and wanted to transfer my license and all my settings over to the new machine, what would be the best way to do this?

Copying the entire zMud folder (via my LAN) to the new machine doesn't work well at all...:(

The old machine was running 7.13.

-Merc
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:12 pm   

First, backup all the settings and other data files you want to keep. Databases, graphics, maps, settings files, layouts, etc. Nothing else matters because 7.21 is newer and better.

Next, since you are installing on a brand-new machine you probably aren't able to upgrade your license from within zmud so you will need to visit the zuggstore. I don't have the details on what you need to do to make a new account there, but be sure to change your email address from whatever one you used to buy zmud with to whatever the current one is (assuming the buying email is no longer active). The zuggstore will send the registration stuff to this email.

Finally, copy the entire email message to the clipboard and start the registration process in ZMud. Since the message is already on the clipboard, zmud will automatically fill in the name and license info. Be sure to carefully read the info on each screen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: