Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Space_Pilot
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:31 am   

Separate tell/channel window

I started to MUD again, after a long time break. I remembered that I had a separate tell/channel window at that time, and how nice it was having just that.

But, at the moment I can't remembered from what site I got that info from, so I started to seaarch for it. After a time I still havn't found it, so I thought that a good way of finding information was on zuggsofts official forum. I have never made my own triggers, only used others. So, my question is if someone can help me with making a separate tell/channel window.

I am playing Batmud, and the messages looks like this:

name [channelname]: hello
name (channelname): hello
name {channelname}: hello
name tells you 'hello'

I have tried to make me own, but my current understanding in zmud triggers isn't to good. So I feel that it would be smarter to ask someone to help me make own that is working, and learn from that one.

//Space Pilot
Maelstrom
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:59 pm   

Ahh Batmud. Used to play there quite a bit in the day.
You can try this and if it doesnt work let us know for troubleshooting...

#TRIGGER {^%w ?%w?: } {#WINDOW tell}
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:06 pm   

Here's a simple one.

#trigger {name ~[channelname~]: *} {#capture Channels}

Name will have to change to the appropriate wildcard. Channelname needs to change to the appropriate channel name, or if there are multiple channels that use this format a wildcard that covers them all.

Another thing you can do involves two triggers:

in your main window settings file
#trigger {name ~[channelname~]: *} {#makewindow Channels redirect}

in your Channels window settings file
#trigger {name ~[channelname~]: *} {#makewindow Main redirect}

The second option forgoes the need to #GAG anything if you want to remove it from the main window. If you use this method, I advise that you create the windows beforehand and place them as you desire. Once placed, #MAKEWINDOW as I used it won't touch the positioning and will simply send the focus (and until the next #MAKEWINDOW redirect command, any output that follows the trigger line) to the Channels window.
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:50 am   

Almost exactly one year later, and I am asking the same question. I stopped playing Batmud and wanted to continue today. I have played for a while already, but wanted to make my layout more beautiful. One thing is to create separate tells/channel windows. I have tried with several triggers around this board, but non have worked like I wanted. Both because they are directly made for another mud, and because I don't have enough knowledge. So, what problems do I have?

Yes, I had two short triggers for catching tells and channels, and the tells work good so far. The channels does have a problem. For example when I catch the channel message saying
"name the Helper [newbie]: blablalba blabla", and newbie is colored lightgreen, then it won't capture that three part name, also, newbie becomes black, making it impossible to see against my blackbackground. :S
My third problem is that when there is a message on a channel longer than one line, then it won't work. This is also the case with my tell window.

So, anyone feel like helping me? What I need help with is the following:

TELLS/CHANNELS:
-Make it capture several lines
-Make it capture even if names are two, three,...., parts.
-Is it possible to change color on the captured text?
-Remove the tells from the window
-Channels include (channel), [channel], <channel>, {channel}

I have read around on the forums, looking at #GAG and so on, but it is quite hard to put into your own coding. I find it hard trying to change what someone else have done, trying to adapt to new type of brackets around channels and so on. So, I hope anyone feels like helping me out, only if it isnät to much of a pain in the ass of course.
Space_Pilot
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:55 pm   

So, I need help with my hp/sp/ep meters to. So, I have three gauges, and they worked fine before. But, then I changed my short score, and now I am stuck. The short score looks like this.

H: hp (maxhp) [<change in hp>] S: sp (maxsp) [<change in sp>] E: ep (maxep) [<change in ep>] C: cash [<change in cash>] X: exp [<change in exp>]

So, basically I went around looking at other posts, trying to copy them. :)
But, after one hour it was stop. Nothing worked, I was sad. Trying to find away, but it just feels hopeless. It feelsl ike I have the right way of thinking, but still not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: