Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:45 pm   

zMUD v7.21 fixes problem with zMapper plugin

I have released v7.21 of zMUD. It fixes the problem that some people were having with the zMapper plugin. The new version should properly detect the new version of zMapper and load it as a plugin.

Note that you MUST have the new version of zMapper for this to work. zMUD can no longer detect or use the old (eLicense) version of zMapper.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:24 am   

Eh? The site is still pointing to a 7.20 file. Is this the new version without a namechange, or is this the old version (the genuine 7.20 file)? Links I tried were from the main page (the release link on the right hand side of the page) and from the downloads menu that goes to the downloads page.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:22 pm   v7.21 installer appears to still be v7.20x!

MattLofton wrote:
Eh? The site is still pointing to a 7.20 file. Is this the new version without a namechange, or is this the old version (the genuine 7.20 file)? Links I tried were from the main page (the release link on the right hand side of the page) and from the downloads menu that goes to the downloads page.

I am seeing the same... Downloads > Zmud takes you to this nice page, which displays what appears and claims to be v7.21. When you pull the file down, it is named 'zmud720.exe,' and if you try to launch it, it has v7.20 references in several places. I didn't take the install process very far, but I found claims of it still being v7.20 in the following areas:

Setup Welcome (Welcome to the zMUD 7.20.0.2 Setup Wizard)
License Agreement (RELEASE NOTES for zMUD v7.20)

Each of those dialogue boxes shows references to v7.20 in a few places. It makes me hesitate to install this newer version, although I am anxious to get the latest updates and fixes that the release notes talk about.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:35 pm   

I saw a 7.20.0.2 in the setup wizard as well. It's a different size from the one I had prior (but I don't know if that was a result of the 7.20a vs 7.20b difference.)

Either way when I installed I still am not picking up zMapper as a plugin.
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:19 pm   

Bah, sorry about that. I forgot to update the database link to the new file. It's fixed now so the Download/zMUD link should point to the correct file now. Sorry for the trouble.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:23 pm   

Works like a charm now...

For a while I thougt I was doing something wrong with my zMapper install. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: