Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Riverwind

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:03 pm   

script help

I recently upgraded to 7.20 from 7.13 and now some of my scripts do not work... i am wondering what changes were made and how i can correct this problem.

The script i used the most loost like this

#CLASS {System|Pueblo}
#CLASS {Summoning}
#CLASS {Quick}
#CLASS {Selling}
#CLASS {DecoderRing}
#CLASS {Summoning|Chat}
#CLASS {autojoin}
#CLASS 0
#ALIAS summon {mindsummon}
#ALIAS repairs {remove %1;repair %1;wear %1}
#ALIAS recall {~recall %-1;#RECALL} "System|AutomapperAll"
#ALIAS 0 {scan}
#VAR weapon {sultan} {sultan} "Summoning"
#VAR weapons2 {rok-man|hero|black-pudding|purple-worm|cave-thing|caecilia|salamander|efreet|hera|zeus|apollo|ares|athena-goddess|gypsy-wizard|gypsy-paladin|gypsy-warlord|gypsy-assassin|gypsy-abdul|gypsy-bartender|lord-python|ajax|poseidon|patroclus|alecto|hippolyta|agamemnon|odysseus|dionysus|black-slayer|mulichort|guillotine|master-xorn|proserpina|donjonkeeper|queeklor|master-torturer|athena|skekie-mantern|skexie-bard|skexie-ancient|skexie-lair-guard|skexie-magister|raistlin|centaur-master|mrs-day|ixitxachitl|black-enfan|gelfling-weaponsmaster|cloud-butcher|iktham-cloud-giant|aeolus|cleric-guildguard|anubis|nobleman|cerebus|10.harpy-xanth|9.harpy-xanth|8.harpy-xanth|7.harpy-xanth|6.harpy-xanth|5.harpy-xanth|4.harpy-xanth|3.harpy-xanth|2.harpy-xanth|harpy-xanth|mundane|lord-menelaus|hector|Arishh|Arachnos|Illyari|Iktham|Princess-Po|tree-ancient|caramon|curley|abdul|swamp-crawler|shark|13.shark|viking-slave|viking-merchant|viking-fisherman|viking-guard|druid-lib|druid-guard|guildguard|elf-arm|elf-shop|elf-bard|elf-wine|elf-arch|sal|cimmura-knight|skele-knight|tin-goose|tin-parot|tin-monkey|noble} {_nodef} "Summoning"
#VAR weapon {death-knight} {death-knight} "Quick"
#VAR weapons {rok-man|hero|black-pudding|purple-worm|cave-thing|caecilia|salamander|efreet|hera|zeus|apollo|ares|athena-goddess|gypsy-wizard|gypsy-paladin|gypsy-warlord|gypsy-assassin|gypsy-abdul|gypsy-bartender|lord-python|ajax|poseidon|patroclus|alecto|hippolyta|agamemnon|odysseus|dionysus|black-slayer|mulichort|guillotine|master-xorn|proserpina|donjonkeeper|queeklor|master-torturer|athena|skekie-mantern|skexie-bard|skexie-ancient|skexie-lair-guard|skexie-magister|raistlin|centaur-master|mrs-day|ixitxachitl|black-enfan|gelfling-weaponsmaster|cloud-butcher|iktham-cloud-giant|aeolus|cleric-guildguard|anubis|nobleman|cerebus|10.harpy-xanth|9.harpy-xanth|8.harpy-xanth|7.harpy-xanth|6.harpy-xanth|5.harpy-xanth|4.harpy-xanth|3.harpy-xanth|2.harpy-xanth|harpy-xanth|mundane|lord-menelaus|hector|Arishh|Arachnos|Illyari|Iktham|Princess-Po|tree-ancient|caramon|curley|abdul|swamp-crawler|shark|13.shark|viking-slave|viking-merchant|viking-fisherman|viking-guard|druid-lib|druid-guard|guildguard|elf-arm|elf-shop|elf-bard|elf-wine|elf-arch|sal|cimmura-knight|skele-knight|tin-goose|tin-parot|tin-monkey|noble} {_nodef} "Quick"
#VAR weapon {sultan} {sultan}
#VAR weapons {rok-man|hero|black-pudding|purple-worm|cave-thing|caecilia|salamander|efreet|hera|zeus|apollo|ares|athena-goddess|gypsy-wizard|gypsy-paladin|gypsy-warlord|gypsy-assassin|gypsy-abdul|gypsy-bartender|lord-python|ajax|poseidon|patroclus|alecto|hippolyta|agamemnon|odysseus|dionysus|black-slayer|mulichort|guillotine|master-xorn|proserpina|donjonkeeper|queeklor|master-torturer|athena|skekie-mantern|skexie-bard|skexie-ancient|skexie-lair-guard|skexie-magister|raistlin|centaur-master|mrs-day|ixitxachitl|black-enfan|gelfling-weaponsmaster|cloud-butcher|iktham-cloud-giant|aeolus|cleric-guildguard|anubis|nobleman|cerebus|10.harpy-xanth|9.harpy-xanth|8.harpy-xanth|7.harpy-xanth|6.harpy-xanth|5.harpy-xanth|4.harpy-xanth|3.harpy-xanth|2.harpy-xanth|harpy-xanth|mundane|lord-menelaus|hector|Arishh|Arachnos|Illyari|Iktham|Princess-Po|tree-ancient|caramon|curley|abdul|swamp-crawler|shark|13.shark|viking-slave|viking-merchant|viking-fisherman|viking-guard|druid-lib|druid-guard|guildguard|elf-arm|elf-shop|elf-bard|elf-wine|elf-arch|sal|cimmura-knight|skele-knight|tin-goose|tin-parot|tin-monkey|noble} {_nodef} "Summoning"
#VAR weapons easy {rok-man|hero|black-pudding|purple-worm|cave-thing|caecilia|salamander|efreet|hera|zeus|apollo|ares|athena-goddess|gypsy-wizard|gypsy-paladin|gypsy-warlord|gypsy-assassin|gypsy-abdul|gypsy-bartender|lord-python|ajax|poseidon|patroclus|alecto|hippolyta|agamemnon|odysseus|dionysus|black-slayer|mulichort|guillotine|master-xorn|proserpina|donjonkeeper|queeklor|master-torturer|athena|skekie-mantern|skexie-bard|skexie-ancient|skexie-lair-guard|skexie-magister|raistlin|centaur-master|mrs-day|ixitxachitl|black-enfan|gelfling-weaponsmaster|cloud-butcher|iktham-cloud-giant|aeolus|cleric-guildguard|anubis|nobleman|cerebus|10.harpy-xanth|9.harpy-xanth|8.harpy-xanth|7.harpy-xanth|6.harpy-xanth|5.harpy-xanth|4.harpy-xanth|3.harpy-xanth|2.harpy-xanth|harpy-xanth|mundane|lord-menelaus|hector|Arishh|Arachnos|Illyari|Iktham|Princess-Po|tree-ancient|caramon|curley|abdul|swamp-crawler|shark|13.shark|viking-slave|viking-merchant|viking-fisherman|viking-guard|druid-lib|druid-guard|guildguard|elf-arm|elf-shop|elf-bard|elf-wine|elf-arch|sal|cimmura-knight|skele-knight|tin-goose|tin-parot|tin-monkey|noble} {_nodef} "Summoning"
#VAR xp {3932440}
#PATH pawn {s3w3s2es2e2n}
#PATH sewer-up {uws2wu}
#TRIGGER {(%w) starts following you} {group %1}
#TRIGGER {No way! You are fighting for your life!} {k ass drax}
#COND {} {} {skip|param=6}
#TRIGGER {tells you} {#beep}
#TRIGGER {You don't see anybody around meeting that description.} {#beep 60}
#COND {} {} {skip|param=2}
#TRIGGER "Receive" {You receive your share of (%d) experience.} {#ad xp %1} "" {disable}
#TRIGGER {You receive your share of} {#IF %ismember( @weapon, @weapons) {summon %item( @weapons, ((%ismember( @weapon, @weapons)\%numitems( @weapons)) + 0))}} "Summoning"
#TRIGGER {You can't sense that person anywhere.} {#IF %ismember( @weapon, @weapons) {summon %item( @weapons, ((%ismember( @weapon, @weapons)\%numitems( @weapons)) + 1));#VAR weapon {%item( @weapons, ((%ismember( @weapon, @weapons)\%numitems( @weapons)) + 1))}}} "Summoning"
#TRIGGER {You have failed to open the portal to summon this individual.} {#IF %ismember( @weapon, @weapons) {summon %item( @weapons, ((%ismember( @weapon, @weapons)\%numitems( @weapons)) + 0))}} "Summoning"
#TRIGGER {Your mind is not yet strong enough to summon this individual.} {#IF %ismember( @weapon, @weapons) {summon %item( @weapons, ((%ismember( @weapon, @weapons)\%numitems( @weapons)) + 1));#VAR weapon {%item( @weapons, ((%ismember( @weapon, @weapons)\%numitems( @weapons)) + 1))}}} "Summoning"
#TRIGGER {Sorry, but that person is too powerfull for you to summon.} {#IF %ismember( @weapon, @weapons) {summon %item( @weapons, ((%ismember( @weapon, @weapons)\%numitems( @weapons)) + 1))}} "Summoning"
#TRIGGER {But he's not fighting anyone.} {ass dane} "Summoning"
#COND {} {} {skip|param=10}
#TRIGGER {disappears in a shimmering wave of light!} {#IF %ismember( @weapon, @weapons) {summon %item( @weapons, ((%ismember( @weapon, @weapons)\%numitems( @weapons)) + 0))}} "Summoning"
#COND {} {} {skip|param=4}
#TRIGGER {panics, and attempts to flee.} {#IF %ismember( @weapon, @weapons) {summon %item( @weapons, ((%ismember( @weapon, @weapons)\%numitems( @weapons)) + 0))}} "Summoning"
#TRIGGER "Receive" {You receive your share of (%d) experience.} {#ad xp %1} "Quick"
#TRIGGER {You can't sense that person anywhere.} {#IF %ismember( @weapon, @weapons) {summon %item( @weapons, ((%ismember( @weapon, @weapons)\%numitems( @weapons)) + 1));#VAR weapon {%item( @weapons, ((%ismember( @weapon, @weapons)\%numitems( @weapons)) + 1))}}} "Quick"
#TRIGGER {You cannot penetrate the magical defenses of that area.} {#IF %ismember( @weapon, @weapons) {summon %item( @weapons, ((%ismember( @weapon, @weapons)\%numitems( @weapons)) + 1));#VAR weapon {%item( @weapons, ((%ismember( @weapon, @weapons)\%numitems( @weapons)) + 1))}}} "Quick"
#TRIGGER {disappears in a shimmering wave of light!} {#IF %ismember( @weapon, @weapons) {summon %item( @weapons, ((%ismember( @weapon, @weapons)\%numitems( @weapons)) + 0))}} "Quick"
#TRIGGER {panics, and attempts to flee.} {#IF %ismember( @weapon, @weapons) {summon %item( @weapons, ((%ismember( @weapon, @weapons)\%numitems( @weapons)) + 0))}} "Quick"
#TRIGGER {You have failed to open the portal to summon this individual.} {#IF %ismember( @weapon, @weapons) {summon %item( @weapons, ((%ismember( @weapon, @weapons)\%numitems( @weapons)) + 0))}} "Quick"
#TRIGGER {You receive your share of} {#IF %ismember( @weapon, @weapons) {summon %item( @weapons, ((%ismember( @weapon, @weapons)\%numitems( @weapons)) + 0))}} "Quick"
#TRIGGER {Sorry it is indisposed...} {#IF %ismember( @weapon, @weapons) {summon %item( @weapons, ((%ismember( @weapon, @weapons)\%numitems( @weapons)) + 1))}} "Quick"
#TRIGGER {But he's not fighting anyone.} {ass dane} "Quick"
#COND {} {} {skip|param=10}
#TRIGGER {R.I.P.} {#IF %ismember( @weapon, @weapons) {summon %item( @weapons, ((%ismember( @weapon, @weapons)\%numitems( @weapons)) + 0))};#T+ autojoin} "Summoning"
#TRIGGER { slowly fades out of existence.} {#IF %ismember( @weapon, @weapons) {summon %item( @weapons, ((%ismember( @weapon, @weapons)\%numitems( @weapons)) + 0))}} "Summoning"
#TRIGGER "repeat" {R.I.P.} {!!}
#TRIGGER {You can't summon someone's pet!} {#IF %ismember( @weapon, @weapons) {summon %item( @weapons, ((%ismember( @weapon, @weapons)\%numitems( @weapons)) + 2))}} "Summoning"
#TRIGGER {You fail to open a portal at this time.} {gt I failed you master. Please tell me again.}
#TRIGGER {You open a portal and bring forth your target!} {#IF %ismember( @weapon, @weapons) {bs %item( @weapons, ((%ismember( @weapon, @weapons)\%numitems( @weapons)) + 0))}} "Summoning" {disable}
#TRIGGER {You have failed to open the portal to summon this individual} {!!} "Summoning"
#KEY F3 {#T+ repeat;say repeating}
#KEY F1 {#all #T- summoning
#T+ Receive
GT ^C9^C8Oky I'll stop.}
#KEY F2 {#all #T+ summoning
#T- Receive
summon rok}
#KEY F6 {#all #T+ quick
#T- Receive
gt It's Party Time!}
#KEY F5 {#all #T- quick
#T+ Receive
GT ^C9^C8Oky I'll stop.}
#KEY F4 {#T- repeat;say stopping}
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:33 pm   

I don't see anything in this that is a "odd" syntax and likely to cause problems. Also there were no changes, that I am aware of, to the scripting parser between 7.13 and 7.20. You could check the Version History to be sure. I would suggest tracking down the problem section on your end and then requesting help if you need to fix it.
Riverwind

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:38 pm   hmmm

accually from 7.04 i just remebered that... not sure if that makes a difference tho
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:06 pm   

Hrm, upgrading from 7.04...that was a beta version from almost a year ago. It is very likely that there would problems when you have been using a beta version for close to a year. I would suggest using a complete text export of your setting and then importing them into a new charater. This will wipe out some of your preferences, but 7.04 was known to have bugs that caused corrupted settings. Why you didn't start using the public version 7.05 is beyond me, but it is your loss.
Riverwind

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:37 am   

Anyone happen to know how to make a set of triggers or a class that ca be turned on and off with buttons that will go thru the variable lists mentions above continually? like loop? it used to work the way its written above until i upgraded.. maybe there is another way to lay it out?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: