Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zulithe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:44 am   

problem getting store access and upgraded registration key

Hi Zugg. I installed 7.20a for the first time on my new computer. It did not detect an eLicense key (probably becuase I've not installed zMud on this computer before). I saw no "Upgrade" button anywhere, and it only gave me the option to enter my registration name and key, which of course isn't working... Also I tried to run the "reg-zmud.exe" program but it gives an error about a missing elicen40.dll file and won't run.

I should note that the email address I registered zMud under is no longer valid (afterall it was some years ago...) my primary email account is the one registered to this forum account.

I have tried to register at the store, but no matter how I enter my name, address, etc. (and I make sure that EVERY field is filled in) it gives me an error and says "Please make sure you properly filled in all the required fields!" so, I'm stumped...

I need help getting my new registration code and getting an account at the new Store. My email address is the same as which is asigned to this forum account if you would like to email me privately.

I'm on Windows XP with Service Pack 2 and using the Mozilla Firefox browser
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:01 am   

The Upgrade button is only displayed if it detects a valid eLicense reg code on your system. So obviously it won't see this on a new computer.

You can run the REG-ZMUD.EXE program manually, click the License button, then enter your old eLicense reg code into the Order ID field and click License and then Launch. This will upgrade the reg code. Then run the new version of zMUD and click the Enter License button and you should see the new license key automatically pasted from the clipboard from the upgrade.

The first time you upgrade your reg code you are given a chance to change the Name and Email address assigned to the order.

Don't try to register at the store. You cannot create a new account. You can only create an account by buying something in the store or if you have purchased something in the past. In fact, I need to just get rid of that Register button in the store since it doesn't serve any purpose.
Zulithe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:05 am   

Thanks for the reply. But as I said... reg-zmud.exe is giving an error about not finding elicen40.dll so I can't run it manually. Where can I get this dll?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:17 am   

Ahh, true, if you never installed the old version before, then you won't have that file. That file is part of the old installer.

Email your registration code and information to support@zuggsoft.com along with the old email address and your new email address and I'll update our database so you can log into the store and get your license key from there.
Zulithe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:30 am   

Zulithe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:08 am   

I want to thank Zugg for patiently working with me via email to work out my issues. I have now received my key and have access to the store. Thanks a lot, Zugg Very Happy
Lestaticon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:48 pm   

I'm actually in the same boat that Zulithe was. I purchased zMud in 2001 and have since then not installed it on my new computer (I did not like eLicense). I have my original emails received after purchasing zMud in 2001 and I even now have access to my old email account for a short time.
However, when I try to recover my password from the zuggsoft store, using the same email account I used to make the original purchase, I'm getting an error that my email account is not in the database. My only guess is that the zuggsoft store does not include accounts from 2001.

I've sent an email to support@zuggsoft.com along with a description of the trouble and the original registration info I received in Jan 2001 via email.

I'm thinking that zuggsoft will be getting more of these requests once word gets out about the move from using eLicense.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:16 pm   

No, the new zuggsoft store has *all* of the orders in it no matter when you purchased zMUD (even way back to 1996). If you sent us the email message than you should get a response soon.

And yes, we are swamped with emails right now, so it might take a while longer than normal. We are also having to deal with idiots that are already banging on the system with fraud attempts, which doesn't make this any easier.

And feel free to pass the word around about the new system. Maybe players who refused to buy zMUD because of eLicense will give it another try now. I haven't updated the automatic-upgrade system with the new zMUD version yet because I'm trying to spread out these licensing problems so that we don't get too overwhelmed with email.

Thanks for your patience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: