Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
namorham

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:06 am   

exporting maps to zMud 5.55 format

I am running 7.13 at home no problems, but it doesn't work here, so I am back to using 5.55 (which can run from my USB stick), is there anyway I can export my maps from 7.13 to the older version?
Vitae
Enchanter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:24 am   

Nope.
Can't export the maps to a .map format.
I think you can with the zMapper tho, but not sure.
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:08 pm   

running from USB memory stick? I've been wanting to do this for such a long time. Is this something that is possible with version 5.55 or is it a cracked copy? I dont have admin rights on my works PC and as such can not install zMUD [so I have to use another client at work using a memory stick but I'd be much more happy using zMUD even if it meant it was 'read only']. Is it possible to achieve this?
btw I am a licenced user of zMUD and soon to be zMAPPER (trial period just expired).
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:54 pm   

Using zMUD from a USB stick works just fine with any version as long as it gets installed and run the first time using the Admin account. v5.55 didn't use eLicense, so that's probably why he's using it.

You might also want to wait a week or so until the new version of zMUD without eLicense is released to see if it works for you.

As Vitae said, there is really no way to convert the MDB maps into the old .map format.
Private
Adept

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:51 pm   

it's a pain but i keep 5.55 around and create new maps with it, then import the .map into current version.

One good point is when i fire up 5.55 it has ONLY the trigs/aliases/etc to map with and #GAGS for EVERYTHING i dont want to see or that gets in the way of the mapper :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: