Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Aleron
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:11 pm   

zMUD crashes at startup, EVERY time :(

Running Windows XP Professional.
zMUD version 7.13.0.1

I just bought zMUD yesterday. I'm already loving it. And today I try to start it and the damn thing won't start. The splash screen pops up and it starts initializing (if I'm lucky), and then the application crashes. When the OS crash dialog starts up, if I click Don't Send Report, the dialog just continues to pop up over and over. If I click Send Report, as soon as the report has been sent, I get the following message box message: "Runtime error 216 at 004634FA". Not only that, but these message boxes just keep popping up over each other, annoying me with infinite beeps making me wish I was deaf.

Even though this sounds nothing like the problem discussed here, I tried that solution nonetheless, and found it did nothing for me (my license server service was already started, which I restarted for kicks still with no change).

Please help! I'd like to continue using your product, and not ask for my money back, it is a great piece of software.[/url]

EDIT:
Another small thing I mismentioned. The memory address in the message box that gets spammed changes. The addresses are all close to each other, as only the last 2 hex digits change.

Also, unlicensing, and then uninstalling and reinstalling (I cleared out the zMUD directory completely after uninstalling) does not remedy the problem at all.
Aleron
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:33 pm   

I just realized there is a new version of zMUD out then what I have. I just downloaded and installed 7.13b, and everything is fine (so far). Just as a suggestion however. I bought zMUD yesterday, and downloaded the software via the link provided in the email sent to me as a confirmation. Perhaps the link in the email generation script should be updated to point to the new version.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:09 pm   

Hmm, thanks for the note. I'll check the eLicense download site to make sure they have the current version.

Edited -- Yep, you were right. eLicense was still hosting the 7.13a version. It's fixed now. Thanks very much for posting this!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: